RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Forum questions or problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/)
-   -   STILL - no live link in my email notifications - NEED HELP SOON (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11585849-still-no-live-link-my-email-notifications-need-help-soon.html)

Ernie Misner 08-28-2013 12:09 PM

STILL - no live link in my email notifications - NEED HELP SOON

Still no live link to click on in my email notifications. This makes it soooo slow and almost impossible for me to use RCU. Will a moderator PLEASE send me a PM or an email to [email protected] and at least let me know if anyone is working on this problem. I have been posting on this for weeks. I can't be the only one with this issue. Thanks!

RCKen 08-28-2013 12:33 PM

Ernie,
I apologize that you have not been contacted about your problems. Just to make sure I understand your problem correctly, are you having problems being notified of new posts by email. Can you fill me in on a few details so I can better understand your problem? Are you receiving any notifications at all?? Are you getting notified of new posts in subscribed threads?? Are you getting notified of new threads in your subscribed forums??

I do want to help you out, but I do need the above info so I can better understand your problems.

Ken

Ernie Misner 08-28-2013 03:51 PM

Hi Ken and thanks for the speedy reply. Whew, I feel better already for some reason. Yes, I am receiving the email notifications just fine. The problem is that there is no (used to be blue colored) LIVE link that I can click on to take me to the forum. The link is there but I have to copy and paste it into my browser, then click on that. It's really cumbersome and should not be happening. I think this has something to do with those of us who use AOL. Before the forum changes, I would get the link but underneath it said "AOL users please click Here", and there was a blue, live link there to click on. Thanks again Ken, and please take this issue up with the other moderators and see what can be done. I really appreciate it. My email address is [email protected]

RCKen 08-28-2013 04:11 PM

Ernie,
Yes, I know exactly what you are referring to. I have heard from several others as well. I'll send this issue to the tech staff and hopefully they can take care of it.

Ken

Ernie Misner 08-28-2013 04:24 PM

Thanks so much Ken!

Ernie Misner 09-15-2013 02:26 PM

Still no luck getting a live link in my email notifcations. Thanks for any help!

Nathan 09-18-2013 06:12 AM

Investigating.

Ernie Misner 09-20-2013 12:03 PM

Thanks Nathan and Ken. Still NO live link I can click on. It must be that way for all of us who use AOL for our browser. Still need help on this badly. Thanks so much.

Ernie Misner 09-23-2013 09:26 PM

Hello Nathan and Ken. Here we go on yet another new week and the use of my RCU is still very crippled because of no live link to click on in my email notifications. Do you know if they are working on it? Hope so! Thanks so much! - Ernie Misner

Ernie Misner 09-28-2013 11:05 PM

Here we go on a new week and RCU is still crippled for me with no live links in my email notifications. Before the new forum setup, it used to say AOL users click HERE, and there was a blue colored live link. Thanks for any help.....:)

Ernie Misner 10-07-2013 04:49 PM

Okay, here we go on yet another new week and no live link I can click on in my email notifications. Clearly it happened when the new forum changes were made a couple of months ago. I was on the phone with the AOL people today and they said they would contact RCU themseves and see if any progress can be made. Please keep after this because us AOL users are not happy campers with no live link in our emails to click on. Many thanks!

Ernie Misner 10-13-2013 04:37 PM

Here we go on yet another new week and no live link to click on in my email notifications. I got on the phone with the techs at AOL last week. They look the whole situation over and said that RCU has to send out the email info correctly before the links will be live (blue colored) for me to click on. Something about AOL being totally HTML controlled I think, and that RCU should be able to provide a live link like they did before the forum was change a couple of months ago. Please help, this is no fun! Thanks.

Nathan 10-26-2013 09:33 AM

This is their priority right now and continue to troubleshoot the issue. It will be resolved.

Ernie Misner 10-26-2013 10:52 PM

Thanks Nathan. That is encouraging. I'm really missing being able to enjoy RCU like I was before. You can imagine what it is like having to copy and paste the link into the search before being able to follow it.

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 11647319)
This is their priority right now and continue to troubleshoot the issue. It will be resolved.

Ernie Misner 12-02-2013 08:42 PM

Hi Nathan, unfortunately I still do not have a live link to click on in my email notifications. (It's being an AOL user) Being able to use RCU is painfully slow. I am still very much in need of help here. Are they still working on it..... top priority you said hopefully? Thanks again - Ernie Misner