FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

Is this a good cheap FPV drone for a noob?

Old 09-04-2016, 11:29 PM
DominicM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Is this a good cheap FPV drone/goggle combo for a noob?

Never flown FPV before. Looked into it a while back and entry level seemed fairly expensive. Seems that has changed. Very keen to find out what all the fuss was about. So did some research and selected the Blade Inductrix 200 FPV from Horizon Hobby and the Quanum Cyclops goggles from HobbyKing. To my amazement they worked out of the box and I've had a lot of fun getting my brain around FPV. Video below of these 2 products. Any feedback on other relatively cheap and robust combos for new FPV pilots would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_qxhFXoYRQ

Last edited by DominicM; 09-04-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:50 AM
phakur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry-deleted

Last edited by phakur; 09-05-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Len Todd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How do you like the inductrix 200 outdoors? How does it handle wind? Do the batteries hold up? How long are the flight times? The reason I am asking all these questions were are looking for something to use with the kids in our school program. They already fly inductrix indoor models.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
flyinwalenda

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Inductrix 200 flies nice but the only thing that is a negative is the proprietary battery.

Other entry-level quads that fly nice are the RISE Vusion and RXS255.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Len Todd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Any of the Tactic RF Gear apparently does not have model match meaning that the aircraft will bind with any other Tactic transmitter that is on at the time. We had a Vusion House Racer inadvertently bind to a ominous and could not get it to bind to its own RTF transmitter. Can't run more than one House Racer at a time. Called Manufacturer and there is no fix. Same problem with the Dromidas and other tactic gear. If you fly by yourself, all is good. Fly with others, you may want to consider looking elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:29 AM
flyinwalenda

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Dromida''s can run multiple craft at one time. Each flier has to turn on their respective tx and then rx/copter/plane/etc.. one at a time and then all is well.
The same can happen with the Blade/ Eflite UMX planes. If someone turns on their rx/plane before turning on their Spektrum TX it puts the rx in bind mode and someone else could bind another TX to that plane. I've seen that happen at indoor fly-ins.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Len Todd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If it only worked that way, ... that would be a workable solution. If a hobbico transmitter is already on, the house racer locks onto it immediately. If two transmitters are on, it appears that it is a toss up which one it locks on to.

We were not able to get the House Racer to bind to its transmitter at all w/o turning off all other transmitters from hobbico. Also, last year we had several ominous inadvertently flying off on the same one transmitter. Ominous copters were whacking kids fingers and jumping off the tables unexpectedly, etc.

This year with the house racer, we could not get it to bind to its transmitter anytime any other hobbico transmitter was on. When you have half-dozen kids running planes and helis, it just is not a workable situation.

You are right, it is like the old spectrum UMX stuff. But at least we could get them to bind to its transmitter. Also, we currently typically have a half-dozen Spektrum UMX Planes flying in the gym at the same time, and I have never seen any of the newer spectrum stuff lock on a different transmitter w/o deliberately binding it.

Don't get me wrong, I could give a darn about the brand. We just need something to fly where we can have several in the air at the same time w/o having to coordinate the starts with a half-dozen or more kids. What we have now is to darned confusing, with all the folks that are involved in the same place at the same time. Besides there is technology out there to preclude this issue.

Looks like Blade has a new 110 Multi-rotor racer coming out. We'll be taking a close look that those for our school programs.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:31 PM
flyinwalenda

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes with kids it's hard to control anything ! They will turn their transmitters off and on without turning off the copter and yep that will be a problem with the Dromida if the timing is right.

I'll have to test the RISE system tomorrow with multiple copters.

Spektrum will be less likely to cause issues. The issues I experienced with Spektrum was, again with kids powering their planes on first and someone else was trying to bind or rebind their TX to their new plane. Wasn't a big issue but it can and did happen.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:34 AM
phordman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just picked up the Vusion House racer, full FPV kit and id say for the 200.00 for everything needed its a blast. I have flown many forms of air craft and manage to put them in the ground as soon as I get nose to me in flight. once I get good with this Ill be selling it and getting the Inductrix fpv and the rest of the stuff needed, have plenty of 6 channel rdos but not a spectrum brand in the bunch
Old 04-04-2017, 10:36 AM
phordman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh I have flown it out side in a light breeze does ok, get about 10 min flight time

Search this Thread