Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

Head tracking on a truck

Old 09-07-2017, 05:45 AM
fierodough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Head tracking on a truck

Hi guys! (and girls)

I have a question about FPV head tracking on an RC truck...

I have the Futaba 4PLs remote and I love it. But since its an RC car remote, it doesn't have a trainer port. Is there any way to modify it to work with FPV head tracking? or is there another type of head tracking system I can use and still retain my remote?

Thank you!
Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 PM
ican3d

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

You can actually manually run it without headtracking by hooking to CH3~4 via switches. However majority ground FPV'er uses air controller that have trainer port which is hard for serious ground racing. But for my solution on all my ground FPV with RadioLink RC4G (no trainer) 4ch controller i hooked my head panning servo inside my car tapped through steering channel or on CH3 with steering mixing. When i steer left or right the camera pans along with it which is great for FPV racing. Below are sample of my FPV ground video with pan camera.

Videos:

Here is link of how i setup mine:
Links: https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-...-micro-crawler