Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

fpv beginner help

Old 03-06-2018, 05:28 PM
jbbodz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fpv beginner help

Hi guys,

Looking to get into FPV. Have had a read on the net and on this forum - infomation overload struggling a bit. Forgive me for asking questions that have no doubt been addressed. Looking for some help and to point me in the right direction

Wanting to set up FPV on small glow aircraft. Small as in 049/061 powered. Balsa kits. 30-" winspan maybe a 40.

Would like to know what is a good kit to get? Is there a whole kit you can get with everything to go
Screen or googles, a small camera, size is imporant something small and compact with high clarity/sound is important
Range - unsure what is considered fair but 5km should be pretty safe

How does it all work, is the camera and battery system separate to your radio gear? IE it just feeds off it's own power supply

Some help would be appreciate as to what to get. Mainly just want to fly FPV, possibly record the footage and view it in real time in high clarity ( I guess mot cameras now days are pretty clear as a standard)
Old 08-17-2018, 06:56 PM
ican3d

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Not many people would like to put FPV on small glow aircraft due to noise and vibration....usually vibration factor, engine block interference, mechanical failure at long range and fuel monitoring issues, fail safe support on glow almost non supported with today autopilot hardware.
However its hard for me to put into words about which products and how it works because it will text huge text book for me to explain how it works but i did wrote documentation and schematics how my FPV plane setup works which you can visit few pages at my website which can give you ideas what hardware you wanted to add in to build an FPV aircraft of your choice, read the links below:Schematics:

Last edited by ican3d; 08-17-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:59 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very helpful!