Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

Help setting up FPV

Old 04-16-2019, 09:11 AM
gbman
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help setting up FPV

I am an avid float flyer and fly frequently from a small lake close to my home. I have devised a retrieval craft to rescue planes which might be stranded in the middle of the lake. The craft works well as designed, but would benefit from a FPV which would enable me to see the plane I am rescuing if it were on the other side of the lake. A friend gave me a TX03 camera to mount on my retrieval craft. I need to know what kind of receiver/screen/goggles I need to see the image the camera is producing. Quality of image is not important, I just want to see the stranded plane as I approach it with the retrieval craft. Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:00 PM
Kelton_O

If you're looking for a cheap pair of FPV goggles I'd recommend the Eachine EW30 goggles. They are about as cheap as you can get and still have features like auto channel searching and such. You can probably get away with the linear antennas that are built into it, but if you want to get something more long range you can look into getting a triple feed patch antenna to stick onto em. With that camera the goggles should be all you need to get up and goin. Happy hunting
Old 04-25-2020, 07:58 PM
dronezone

Default Help with Eachine EW30 Goggles

Hello Everyone, I've been flying drones for a while now, line of sight, but always wanted to try FPV. I just got a Eachine EW30 and I am as green as you can get. I thought I could figure it out but I have no idea what to do. I've powered on my Eachine E520S and hit the S button to see if it connected and it went through a list of things on the little screens but didn't connect and then I tried my MjX Bugs 4W and nothing so I thought it would be pointless to try my Zino 2. The instructions don't spell it out like I had hoped. I'm an old guy and I feel pretty fortunate figuring out my drones and getting them flying and it's quite enjoyable but this is a whole different thing. I'd appreciate it if you could spell it out as basic as possible for me. Thank you. -joe

Last edited by dronezone; 04-25-2020 at 08:01 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-25-2020, 11:17 PM
Kelton_O

Originally Posted by dronezone
Hello Everyone, I've been flying drones for a while now, line of sight, but always wanted to try FPV. I just got a Eachine EW30 and I am as green as you can get. I thought I could figure it out but I have no idea what to do. I've powered on my Eachine E520S and hit the S button to see if it connected and it went through a list of things on the little screens but didn't connect and then I tried my MjX Bugs 4W and nothing so I thought it would be pointless to try my Zino 2. The instructions don't spell it out like I had hoped. I'm an old guy and I feel pretty fortunate figuring out my drones and getting them flying and it's quite enjoyable but this is a whole different thing. I'd appreciate it if you could spell it out as basic as possible for me. Thank you. -joe

I haven't had much experience with drones like the E530S or the Bugs 4w. But to my understanding those drones use wifi to display an HD video feed to your phone as opposed to an analog signal that you can get through the EW30 FPV goggles. Since fpv goggles (besides the DJI HD system) use analog video, you wont be able to use the EW30's with either of the drones you listed. If you'd like to try out some FPV action for cheap I'd recommend getting an all-in-one FPV camera like the Spotter V2 (Personal favorite) or the Eachine TX02. These are analog systems that will run with the EW30's. I personally have a spotter T2 mounted to one of the FliteTest Mini Scouts and I really enjoy it. If you're willing to spend a little more money and still want to have an FPV quadrotor instead of a plane I'd recommend getting a prebuilt quad like the Eachine Wizard, however I don't recommend getting a mini quad unless you want to get into some tinkering. Another option for the drones you currently have is to get an FPV goggle that you slot your phone into. They should be pretty cheap and they can give you an FPV-like experience using the drones you already have.

I hope you find something that suits you! If you have more questions about FPV just ask.

-Kelton