Go Back  RCU Forums > FPV (First-Person View) RC Aircraft Flying and RC Vehicle Operation. > FPV Equipment
Reload this Page >

The New DC5V~22V CCD 700TVL Mini FPV Camera - HS1180 from SurveilZone​

Community
Search
Notices
FPV Equipment Talk about equipment used for First-Peson View Flying.

The New DC5V~22V CCD 700TVL Mini FPV Camera - HS1180 from SurveilZone​

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Orange Squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New DC5V~22V CCD 700TVL Mini FPV Camera - HS1180 from SurveilZone​

The New Sony 960H CCD 700TVL FPV Board Mini Camera is a high quality but relatively low priced FPV camera released by Surveil Zone. After recently receiving one myself from SurveilZone http://www.surveilzone.com/dc5v-plas...mm-lens-hs1180 I have been thoroughly impressed with this little camera, and this camera is small! To be precise it measures exactly 25x25mm including the included case, or just 22x22mm without the case. This is great if like me, you are pushed for room for all your FPV gear and don't want some big chunky camera stuck at the front of your model or copter.

However its smaller size in comparison to the standard 36x36mm board camera does not hinder the quality of picture. As shown in the video below, I paired mine with the new Headplay HD FPV goggles and I found it to work better than I had hoped for. One of the things I liked most about the video quality was how natural the colours looked. When looking at the sky, the camera accurately showed the colours and outlines of the sky and the clouds. The outlines of objects is relatively clear due to being a 700tvl camera, although obviously not HD quality. Also much of the quality is lost due to being a video of the HPHD screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSSn...ature=youtu.be

The plastic case gives the camera a certain amount of protection from the elements and crashes, without adding huge amounts of weight. The case only weighs 4g so with the camera totalling 17g.

The WDR feature of the camera works great, allowing the camera to swap between light and dark places with ease. I have also flown the camera straight at the sun, and it handled it without problems. Apart from the WDR I am running the settings completely stock.

I run the camera at the standard 12v, but for others who want to use a different power input, this camera can be run from 5v-22v according to Surveil Zone although I haven't tested it.

I also am glad to say I have noticed no latency, and so that for me is not a problem, even with the added lag of the Headplay goggles. However this may be different for those racing 250 quads.

The camera was easy to focus, and I highly recommend doing so as it hugely improved the picture.

The camera comes with everything as said and shown on the product page:
1X Super Mini 700TVL FPV camera
1X 4pin Servo Cable
1X Manual
1x OSD Cable

Overall I have been highly impressed with the camera, and I truthfully find it quite hard to fault.

Update: It seems than one draw back to this camera is that it is only sold as a PAL camera and does not seem to be available as a NTSC system.

Last edited by Orange Squirrel; 09-05-2015 at 02:47 AM.