Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Camera Help/Advice Needed

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Camera Help/Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 AM
747pilot
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camera Help/Advice Needed

Help needed

Picked this little camera up for $20 bucks in Hong Kong on a lay over. Has a nice wide angle lens. My original intention was to use it on my 1st FPVproject but now I'd like to use it as a backyard camera so we can watch the kids on the tv or any other monitor while they are outside. I'll pick up another one when I'm back in Hong Kong for the FPV project.

Problem is I'm not sure what voltage to send to it and have zero experience with this stuff. I can assemble anything Ijust need to know what to purchase.
Came in a small box just the way you see it. Would like to send it wireless so I can move the picture to anywhere in the house but Icould hardwire it as well. Anyone ever done something like this?

Thoughts ideas? 6v, 12v AC/DC? The box says it's meant as a car rearview camera. No manuals or instructions.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21181.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1746901  
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 AM
mboland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Camera Help/Advice Needed

You can be pretty sure it is DC, as the vast majority of these are, it would make no sense to require AC input.

If it is meant as a reversing camera then it is a safe bet that it is 12 volt.
You could try 6V and it just should not work, if you think it might blow on 12.
But for automotive use it will be 12 volt.