Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

New to FPV: Micro setup

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

New to FPV: Micro setup

Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Zeldinio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to FPV: Micro setup

For years I have mounted a small, wireless security camera to my planes to record video. Unfortunately, the range on the said device was only 300 feet - not near enough for me to actually fly fpv.

The camera i have been using is nearly 7 years old and way outdated. I know next to nothing about the newer technology and fpv setup options.

What I would like to know is how I could get into the fpv field with my current micro planes. I have a few of the Parkzone UMs, and one scratchbuilt electric. None of these can handle much weight, so the setup needs to be relatively light.

I have seen several videos on youtube, so I know it is possible.

1) What is a good, reliable company/brand/setup that offers a combo for micro planes. I do not need perfect video quality, just enough to see by.

2) What kind of range can I expect? (I would love at least 1000m)

3) How much is this going to set me back? My budget is not extremely large any more and I would love to keep it under $150.

4) I can not use fpv goggles, but have multiple HD LCD screens lying around that I could wire into a reciever.

I would appreciate any help you experienced geniuses and fellow noobs like me can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Zeldinio
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
mboland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to FPV: Micro setup

I have been using [link=http://www.rangevideo.com/]RangeVideo[/link] for all my FPV gear for several years with very good success.
Good products, good service.
I have just set up a micro system on a Blade MQX which is fun, as well as much larger systems.
They have everything from complete packages to individual components.