Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

XAircraft 650 setup, what is this guy running (Ant, you on?)

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

XAircraft 650 setup, what is this guy running (Ant, you on?)

Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XAircraft 650 setup, what is this guy running (Ant, you on?)

So the host of a radio show I listen to was talking about his Xaircraft 650 setup and I am interested in exploring the same configuration. I have been flying RC since 79 and have tended to gravitate either to 1/3 scale gas or electric, but I haven't played with any of the new UAV stuff and it sounds like it has arrived at a fairly advanced state. He twittered a few pics that should show what he is running, and I welcome any help in figuring out the gear he is running. The Xaircraft site has got to be the worst website I have EVER seen for online commerce. There is no indication of what you are buying in a given package, no list of what is included and no mention of the software, interface, etc. For all you know you might be getting just the airframe or the entire unit PNP to a transmitter, so anyone familiar with their gear would be a help as well.

Here are the pics he posted, my major questions are;

1. Is the GPS unit pictured the same one as Xaircraft sells, they are different colors.

2. Is the GPS software part of the GPS unit package?

3. As far as the Xaircraft package goes, any idea what is included? I have heaps of chargers, batts, TX etc.

4. How is the FPV camera and GPS integrated? What exactly is needed to tie it all together?

5. Any other clue as to how to put this together.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24701.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1793308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55892.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1793309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51199.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	68.8 KB