Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Quadcopter DIY project...

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Quadcopter DIY project...

Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
onlinegamesnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadcopter DIY project...

Hi, ive just built my first quadcopter and ordered the parts for the second which will be a turnigy HAL frame for nice FPV and recording options. This will also be a bit of a learning experience and i wouldn't mind so advice on the technical side with certain gear (just so i understand how it all works)

I have a few questions regarding radios and receivers, flight controllers and motors and ESCs etc, and would really appreciate and advice from experience or whatever!

Firstly, i have got a Turnigy 9x Transmitter and Receiver. Does anyone know if these turnigy TX/RX systems are good. Are they as stable and reliable as Futaba/Spektrum etc? Also, on the back is a detachable unit which i have never seem before. I want to run FPV so how could i get MAXIMUM range from this setup? Also is the standard turnigy 9x range quite good?

Next question is regarding flight controllers. I have purchased the Hobby King KK2.0 board. My question is, what is the difference between the KK2.0 and HoverFly Pro or NAZA DJI 2?

Which is most STABLE? im not too worried about OSD or GPS as i can easily add these later.

So for now my questions are:

- What is the standard range of the turnigy 9x
- What is the thing that plugs onto the back of the turnigy 9x TX
- How can i get MAXIMUM range from my turnigy 9x and what do i need?
- what is the difference/advantage between 433mhz and 2.4Ghz band

- which is better between hobby king kk2.0 / HoverFly Pro / NAZA DJI 2

Thanks to all taking the time to read my post and answer the questions outlined above!

Thanks!!

Below are some pics of my current quad. Let me know what you think

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97890.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1841347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86621.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1841348  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 AM