Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Telemetry to feedback wings level

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Telemetry to feedback wings level

Old 06-08-2013, 10:12 AM
cartercg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemetry to feedback wings level

Hi guys,

I fly aerobatics and was wondering if the experts on the UAV forum can offer any advice on any telemetry available to provide a pilot with real time feedback on wings level? Keeping the wings level during an aerobatic sequence is essential, and although it sounds easy is actually very difficult, especially during strong cross winds where the crab angle to hold a straight line is such that the wing needs to be continually adjusted when doing loops and part loops so that the wing is parallel with the ground reference.

As such I was wondering if there are any commercially available telemetry systems that can give feedback on wings level. Ideally this would involve some warning to the pilot if the wings are out by more than a certain amount. A really intelligent system would also ignore warnings when planes roll rate is such that the plane is rolling I.e. only warn the pilot if the wings are not level and the plane is not doing a roll.

I have a futaba 18mz so ideally a system that provides feedback to my tx. Bt if need be I would consider a separate independent system.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Clint