Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Trasmission signal question

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Trasmission signal question

Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 AM
singlechannel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trasmission signal question

Hi guys,
I have a very basic system up and flying but the picture quality is not to good. Since electronics is not my thing but I'd like to learn. My question is does the tx decode or in anyway manipulate the signal from the camera or does it just send all the squeaks whistles from the camera off to my Fatshark goggles to decode. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:14 AM
KCStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by singlechannel
Hi guys,
I have a very basic system up and flying but the picture quality is not to good. Since electronics is not my thing but I'd like to learn. My question is does the tx decode or in anyway manipulate the signal from the camera or does it just send all the squeaks whistles from the camera off to my Fatshark goggles to decode. Thanks everyone.
Starting out with a basic system is wise. The transmitter to my knowledge does not do anything to the video and audio signal other then transmit it on RF. You haven't really given me a lot to go on, like what frequency your using. The first system that I had was on 910mhz and with the factory antennas the picture quality was not the best. I built my own antennas and picture quality improved drastically. That and using torroids like these http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=325 on the wires for the servos and camera wires help to reduce noise before it causes problems.
Hope I helped
Kent