Go Back  RCU Forums > Aircraft - electric – Multi-rotors (Drones) > Drones Talk
Reload this Page >

Please sign the FAA Petition at White House.Gov

Notices
Drones Talk This forum is for Multi-Rotor pilots and enthusiasts to talk about subjects that don’t quite fit into any other forum.

Please sign the FAA Petition at White House.Gov

Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please sign the FAA Petition at White House.Gov

I have not posted in RC Universe in a very long time but the time has come where the multirotor side of RC, specifically the professional aspects of the multirotor side of the hobby, needs your help. By giving your support you'll also be helping yourselves because the upcoming ban against the use of FPV goggles could get mitigated through the professional side of what we do. More restrictions to our hobby will soon follow if actions are not taken now to limit this first assault on our activities.

In essence, ya'll probably already know of the recent FAA advisory that will severely limit where and how we can fly, along with the AMA's request for your feedback to both the AMA and the FAA. The multirotor professionals have put together a petition to gain the attention of law makers above the FAA level in order to bring a little sanity check to the airspace and equipment grab soon to occur. Whether or not you like FPV, multirotors, or other aspects of aerial photography, please consider signing the petition found at the attached link. What happens today sets the stage for what follows tomorrow and I do not believe the initial steps of the FAA to be anywhere near the last. Included in this post is a plea for help from a site dedicated to multirotor/aerial photography professionals.

Thanks to all that choose to help, and thanks just for taking a moment to consider your position.
Tired Old Man
************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************
Thank you in advance for your time in considering this request.

The FAA is moving very quickly to prohibit the commercial use of Small Unmanned Aerial Systems, sUAS or “drones”, until a complete regulations document can be drafted.

Commercial sUAS operators have already been providing safe and affordable aerial services to a wide range of industries by following common-sense guidelines, many of which strongly resemble the current commercial sUAS guidelines in use in the UK.

This is not a fight with the FAA but a respectful assertion that the UK commercial sUAS regulations are a worthwhile way to move forward with sUAS integration while preserving the positive economic contribution that they are already making in the United States.

We therefore ask that you consider signing the petition at

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ately/2vbvcC0C

so that the commercial use of sUAS may continue for the benefit of those that operate and employ them in the course of their normal business operations.

Please also consider forwarding this email and/or posting its contents where other interested people might see it.

Thank you.

For additional information about this petition please contact:
Bart Cocchiola
[email protected]
Old 07-08-2014, 03:13 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sorry for your concern. But in my world of modeling aircraft I see no use for FPV, UAV's, & Drones. All three aspects are outside of what I see as a safe and responsible modeling community. If the FAA feels setting different legal precedence on those type of aircraft, well, I kind of agree with them. My insurance, in every regards, is dependent on the rules of the CBO (AMA) namely line of sight and none of the aforementioned craft are flown within those rules. If I and other modeler's wish to keep the ability to play with our toys we need to separate ourselves from the FPV, UAV, and Drone stigma.

Last edited by acerc; 07-08-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand and respect your position. After 45 years in amateur RC and professional level unmanned activities I've seen a lot of changes. I think the worst are about to to be levied upon us and the AMA.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply

AMA388446
Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your welcome. I have been at it a while also. And I believe we both can say we seen this coming. I would just prefer to keep the actual hobby part separate from the rest. It is not that I have anything against the others, I think they are pretty darn cool, just want to keep my part of it all.