Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

Noob's budget FPV racing quadcopter build

Old 07-03-2015, 03:07 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Noob's budget FPV racing quadcopter build

Hey guys. I'm super excited..... I'm about to start my very first quadcopter build.... Yay!!!!

I've given my self a crash course in quadcopters, and I think I know everything I need to know, but I don't know what else I need to know. And it's hard to know with out knowing. So here I am sharing what I don't know in some hope I can help someone planning a budget build that doesn't know.

so what got me going was some videos from a race meet in Melbourne Australia.... It looks like a starwars pod race.... Since them I knew I had to get one.

Over the last year I've managed to sell lots of my surface vehicles and I going to use that money and some money from my saving to buil my self a budget FPV Quadcopter with the dream to some day race it.

stay tuned. Progress will be slow at first as I plan to get my orders out next week and then I've got to wait for postage
Old 07-03-2015, 03:12 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the list of parts I'm planing, I'll update this list if things are added or changed

Frame: ZMR250
ESC: Afro 12a
Motors: DYS 2300kv
Flight Controll: Naze32
TX: Flysky/turnigy i6
RX: ia6b
Props: Gefan 5030
power board: haven't decided yet

various parts
Cable ties
Heat shrink
Battery connector
Battery wire 12awg
locktight
Velcro
Doubble sided tape
nylon standoff

Last edited by phmaximus; 07-03-2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:30 AM
GingerPuppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U are so brave, mate, I never thought of making it by myself. I bought my quadcopter from one website, which contained loads of models: http://flying-drones.expert/how-to-fly-a-quadcopter/
I was so exited when I bought such a beauty, however, now I feel like I missed smth. So good luck to u, engineer!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dji-phantom_740x483.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	2108364  
Old 07-11-2015, 11:25 AM
gearbester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

instead building it, i recommend walkera runner 250, which is RTF Racing quad
check the specification and product info here