Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Umx f-27 fpv

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Umx f-27 fpv

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 01:31 PM
Sarge50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Umx f-27 fpv

I got a UMX F-27 FPV at a swap meet for my first FPV plane and I'm waiting to maiden it. Everything I've read says it turns rea; slow in SAFE mode so I'm waiting till our AMA field has tried out from snow melt. If I fly in a park, not sure how it would handle avoiding trees. Is anyone using one of these for FPV?
Old 02-27-2018, 04:51 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Had one since they came out.
It flies great but I never flew it in SAFE however like most planes with SAFE it will be very sluggish in banks and make wide turns.
It's really not a beginner plane and I would never recommend it as a first FPV plane. I would recommend the UMX Radian or the UMX Sport Cub S with an FPV camera as they fly much slower and more stable. The F-27 would make a good 2'nd or 3'rd FPV plane.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:36 AM
Sarge50

Thanks for the advice on this. I have a UMX Radian on a shelf somewhere. What would you recommend for a camera, tx for this? An integrated unit? I've got Fat Shark goggles.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:12 AM
betomxl

Originally Posted by Sarge50
Thanks for the advice on this. I have a UMX Radian on a shelf somewhere. What would you recommend for a camera, tx for this? An integrated unit? I've got Fat Shark goggles.
If you are planing to fly with in line of sight, you can get an integrated unit, camera with a built in vtx of about 200mw for around 40 or fifty bucks, i cant post links, but search it in ebay, Aomway HB200CAM - 700TVL CMOS Camera and 200mW VTX Combo -US Deale

... now if you want to fly long range, its another story! (complicated but exciting)
Old 02-28-2018, 04:16 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarge50
Here is a new backpack camera that has adjustable outputs 25,100 & 200mw. I use it and it works great and isn't much heavier than the old 25mw version.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/aio-adj...enna-p-lum7441

Get this mount as it is the one for the Radian and it fits the plane. You will have to modify it a bit on the sides as the original camera was not as wide as the Lumenier but I've done it and it works.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/camera-...ian-p-eflu6731

Power the camera directly with a 150mah battery mounted behind the camera.