Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Fixed Wing UAV Build

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Fixed Wing UAV Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 01:18 PM
erwabo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixed Wing UAV Build

SO im looking at building a fixed wing UAV, but the information out there is overwhelming and confusing to say the least, Im basically looking for a shopping list to achieve a few goals but not sure if its possible. Im looking to do the following. I realize this may require some soldering, and I see some build also use too batteries to dedicate more power to the ESCs for longer fligts....ugh so much data

1. VTX of course (maybe using a split for DVR and/or a Go Pro in addition to main camera)
2. Servo to allow head tracking or at least 3 axis control using transmitter
3. DVR (on board or on the ground)
4. GPS (for loiter and Failsafe)
5. Flight Controller (thinking Matek with iNAV…though I would LOVE an Eagle tree at somepoint)
6. Taranis Telmetery (the inav has some great stuff, but I dont know if I can use MP with it, so PixHawk may work)
7. OSD ( I love Eagle tree as I said, I know I can get telemetry to Tarans via s.bus, but I dont think I can get GPS overlay and Mission Planning to track the flight)
8. video feed for FPV ground station on a monitor
9. Tracking on Mission planner laptop (or ideally a phone app, but not sure that’s possible)
10. **Wish list item BlueTooth for remote programming of FC
11. I would like 1-3 miles + so TBS or R9M module for Taranis
12. Antennae tracking down the line (which I know Eagle trees supports, but dont know about other options)

Anyhow....basically looking to build a UAV that has some of the features of say the DJI app or the 3DR solo app had, where you can track the whole flight...so any help to build a shopping list would be amazing....as well as advice or suggestions to do this right.

Thanks so much, appreciate it.
The following users liked this post:
jnayjaso (04-05-2020)