Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

UAV Jobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
jackoftrades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UAV Jobs

How did you guys end up alleviating the overheating problem on the warrior? Or does it still only fly in the winter... I did notice the guy in one of the pictures is wearing a coat. BTW I thought you were not supposed to let any pics of employees faces out.

They really could use some good engineers at GA-ASI. So If you have the ability to actually help, Please contact them. If you are like the rest and rely on the integration department to solve everything and then just put it into CAD please do not apply. LOL

I'm just having a little fun mithrandir. ELMO was a good place to work if you could handle working for Dave and Mike. And I'm sure you know what I mean ( BUSDRIVERS/SCREAMING WAKOS ).

Also, If you need any integration techs to make the engineers look good and the price is right let me know.

Former GA-ASI employee
Old 12-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Tom Verstappen

Hi Sir,

Do you also need people in Europe???

Regards,
Tom
Old 12-16-2007, 04:58 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello,
I just submitted my application. Sign me up
RickP
Old 12-22-2007, 08:45 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Are you accepting contract engineering workers?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
lcplwan

just looked at the companies website, they have lots of openings crazy, only if i lived in so cal. depends on how well they pay too.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: lcplwan

just looked at the companies website, they have lots of openings crazy, only if i lived in so cal. depends on how well they pay too.
I'll move.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Jgear
My Feedback: (3)

Just uploaded my resume....I wish I had seen this forum when it opened...Could be my dream job waiting for me..
Old 01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
BobWoodhouse

To extend dirtybird's question. The team members of my company are actively involved with applying our engineering skills to aerospace, defense, and medical device development, testing, and certification. We are always looking to handle a project at our office, near Chicago. I am the director of sales and a managing partner at Heptel Corp (see heptel.com forcontact info). Especially, we enjoy all aspects of embedded real-time software projects.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Skeletor

Im on Marez (next to Diamondback). Just browsing a bit and ran across your post. Its my 3rd year in this country, I'll send you an e-mail when my contract is complete. Stay Safe, James.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Kwesdog

Good luck with it guys.

One thing I will tell you guys is that flying the larger UAS (UAVS) is nothing like flying RC. I am going to transition to warrior alphas soon so I may meet or talk with some of you GA industry types.

Harry
Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Considering what you are transitioning to your career goals would be well served by obtaining a Private Pilot's License with an Instrument Rating. Both would provide a much greater understanding of flight control and airspace issues since the platform is not a small console controlled airplane. There would be no stretch in using the expense as a tax deduction being continuing education required for occupational advancement. Opens doors in other ways as well.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Kwesdog

I been a private pilot for 14+ years. I just have no reason to get out of the military and enter the civilian market unless the pay is unreal which right now I know it isnt for pilots when comparing it to government benefits plus tax free housing $$$. I looked into it and keep constant tabs on it though.

I have seen the I-GNATs in action when I was overseas from inside the shelter and I was impressed. This was the main reason I want to leave the small/mid sized (Shadow 200, Hunter) UAS behind and get into the Sky Warrior.

I also hear through the grape vine that AAI might take up the instruction portion of the Sky Warrior because GA doesnt want to do it and general dynamics cant support another large scale training program so for those looking that might be a way to go also but I only heard this through the mill so who knows.

Harry
Old 11-18-2009, 10:18 PM
[email protected]

hi, are any airframers or composite tech jobs open in the San Diego area?

Old 11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

or any jobs anywhere.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those looking for UAV jobs you could go to Indeed.com and set up an automatic e-mail to you based on whatever type UAV job you want. I get these every day. Most UAV pilot jobs require a private license, and some require pilot in command experience and a security clearance. But you may find what you want. there are also UAV mechanic jobs now and then.

Ed
Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have my private. Ill check that out, thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Infantry2114

Hey Guys! I am currently deployed to Afghanistan as of right now and operate the Raven UAV System for my company. I have flown many mission here with it and been very successful with it. The Taliban hate the little bird because they usual bring the big birds. I have witnessed some very awesome sights over here. Flying UAV's is not like flying ur favorite RC, I have to make up a flight plan, find out if other aircraft will be in the area, set up waypoints and plan my route, plot grids to suspected location, set LOL (loss of link), the list goes on and on. Its not like going to the field and gas up and fly. The range is classifed but I can tell you that it goes way out there and I have pushed it to the limits I was trained by a great group of guys from Aeroviroment on the Raven system, I would love to get into something like this back home but don't really know where to start. I do have a clearance and experience with small UAV's but would like to get on board with the bigger one! Maybe some that fire missiles or drop bombs, Im Infantry so that what we do! I will have to get my resume in order and submit to some companies.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
jprui005

Anyone looking for hiring an entry level?
I've got a FAA Multi Engine/Commercial/Instrument/CFII Bachelors Degree in Aeronautical Science and a Security Clearance. Only have about 350 hours flight time...

Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the way a lot of it works. if you have an engineering degree in the right fields you might get picked up for home office R&D work. If you have a military history (recent) UAV and/or intel experience, a security clearance, along with UAV operations, there's a chance of over seas work. Not often someone with only civilian flight skills (which are indeed admirable) gets picked up for UAV ops or development work.

If you have a combination of those post your resume' to the various online company recruitment systems. Few of them offer direct voice communications with people phone soliciting for employment purposes.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: jprui005

I've got a FAA Multi Engine/Commercial/Instrument/CFII Bachelors Degree in Aeronautical Science and a Security Clearance. Only have about 350 hours flight time...

Go to www.auvsi.org and check out the careers area. As someone who has been in the field for years, and still currently works as a test engineer in the field, I think you are qualified for different positions. There are a couple of birds out there that require a commercial rating and they are desperate for pilots. Send me a PM and I'll try to get you some contact info.

Arch
Old 06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Kwesdog

TOM hit the nail on the head.

Years ago before there were many people with documented UAS operations experience there were young pilots in CAP (Civil Air Patrol) programs getting hired by contractors to teach UAS. Now its as TOM stated. Experience overseas with UAS trumps all.

When I was looking at getting out of the military about 5 years ago I sent a bunch of inquiries out and with just the 2 years I had been involved with UAS operations overseas pretty much any and all civilian requirements would be waived by the contractor other than my private/commercial which was due to the FAA.

Now my issue is keeping my Soldiers in and not going to the contractors. Funny how that works.

Its getting to a point now where the military is nothing more than a paid UAS degree program for the contractors to hire from.

Oh well.

Harry
Old 07-01-2010, 01:55 AM
blacksunshine80

Hello I love planes and can build and design them also I'm no high school grad or college student but I'm self educated and highly motivated when it comes to working on UAVs or model planes. I have a certificate in small engine repair and I have worked on ALL THINGS BROKEN all of my life. I'm waiting for a captains position with a boating company that is helping with the oil spill in the gulf, but to get hired on to help build,design, work on or other on UAV's would be an awsome oppertunity for me to further my personal knowlege and find employment in an econamy that isn't exactly "up to par" would be greatly appreciated. I think I could be a good asset to an opperation like this. What do I need to do, besides replying to this post to be concidered for this oppertunity?

ACES HIGH
Old 08-04-2010, 10:39 PM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: jprui005

send me a resume and I will pass it on to appropriate managers

[email protected]

tnx
Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
htamme

Anyone looking for hiring ?
I've got a part 66 aircraft maintenance license (Bombardier Learjet 60 (PWC PW350) / B2 and BAE Systems Jetstream 31/32 (Honeywell TPE 331) / B1/B2) . Degree in Aeronautical and Computer Science ...
Old 10-24-2010, 07:46 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (63)

I have been doing some research about uav and serching for some form of entry level jobs. Have 27hrs of r22 helo, only to fall short of money and a broken heart to enter my dream of a professional field of aviation... I Owned and operated my personal automotive repair facility for 8 years prior to finishing my college degree in Kinesiology. I Have an overall above average understanding of aviation includingn flight physics and mechanical theory and oberation. Though it dosent matter in UAV, I have some good thumbs for 3D helos and planes. Obtaining a CFII Helo ticket is not financially possible at this time but was my dream for a while. I'm going crazy to find a way into UAV, feel like it is very fitting for my experience and suits me well. Any pointers!! Please help.. Money is not my object here and I am willing to move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.