Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

transmitter antenna location and position

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

transmitter antenna location and position

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 PM
mikester9er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter antenna location and position

Hello, im just starting out with these fpv systems. So far I believe i have it under control. My biggest question thus far is, where should I put the antenna. It's a 900mhz 500mw system and ill have a 2db rubber duck antenna on it.
the plane is a ultrafly 330s ( in atachment)

I see most people pointing their antenna up, what is the logic behind this? as opposed to laying it flat on the button of the plane on a horizontal position?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91611.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1172916  
Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
FLYBABY6

Default RE: transmitter antenna location and position

Don't quote me on this one, but to my knowledge, signals flow in wierd paturns around antenna. I believe they send or recieve through the sides of the antenna and again, I may be wrong, but I think if it were laying horizontaly with the fus., it would be trying to send the signals to space, and the ground. I think they may be directional like this. Also, heard that if there were two antenna side by side, the signal is lost where they line up, basicaly giving you only two directions to send or recieve. Mabe someone can varify this, or give some info on this? good luck.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:16 AM
mcuav

Default RE: transmitter antenna location and position

Most RF antenna will have an isotropic radiation pattern. This just means that the signal is transmitted in all directions with the same power. For a cylindrical antenna, this means radially outwards in all directions.

You can look into radiation patterns for cylindrical rf antennas if you want to see these patters visually.