RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   FPV, UAV & Drones (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fpv-uav-drones-486/)
-   -   Hello Everyone!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fpv-uav-drones-486/11644995-hello-everyone.html)

betomxl 02-23-2018 03:39 PM

Hello Everyone!!

Hello, im new to the forum, but not new to the FPV scene. I have been flying fpv for a few years now, and finally after all this time, i lost an entire plane few days ago!. it was my favorite plane, tuned to perfection :D
In the last flight i manage a heigh of 2,600mts, and as i was trying a new combinations of antenas, i didnt realize how far was (pilot mistake), when i ran out of battery and was about to glide down to base, i notice
i was almost 12km away, so it was imposible to glide for 45 minutes with no battery, so voltaje drop to 6volts and lost video and that was it.

my setup was:
x-uav Sky surfer 2000mm
2mw vtx 5.8ghz with pagoda antenna (DJI Antenna)
ESC 100amps
Turnigy G32
3blade 14x7 propeller
6600mah 4S battery
433lrs receiver
vector FPV
fatshark antennas

and in the ground 9xr pro turnigy radio with a watt 433 lrs module, and dji race edition googles with pagoda antena also.

My next build is the 2400m super sky surfer, with a 10,000mah 4S batery, G32, 100Aesc, Vector, 433lrs, vector fpv, 3blade 14x7 propeller, and im adding a ocusync system for hd video to the dji googles. I will post of the build as
soon i get the kit here.

nice to meet you all!

oliveDrab 02-24-2018 04:08 PM

Nice to meet you too. Are you an AMA member?

You said your next build is the 2400m super sky surfer ... I assume you mean 2400 mm which is a 94" + wingspan. Looks good- I'd like to have one. I have a Super Dimona motor glider I need to assemble. Maybe I can ditch the Super Dimona and buy the Super Sky Surfer instead.

Where do you fly?

Your last flight you reached a height of 2,600mts. what is "mts"? Surely not meters. 2,600 meters = 8,530 ft.

betomxl 02-24-2018 07:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by oliveDrab (Post 12408587)
Nice to meet you too. Are you an AMA member?

You said your next build is the 2400m super sky surfer ... I assume you mean 2400 mm which is a 94" + wingspan. Looks good- I'd like to have one. I have a Super Dimona motor glider I need to assemble. Maybe I can ditch the Super Dimona and buy the Super Sky Surfer instead.

Where do you fly?

Your last flight you reached a height of 2,600mts. what is "mts"? Surely not meters. 2,600 meters = 8,530 ft.

Hello!, no im not a member of AMA, yes!, its a 2400mm super sky surfer, i got it today, i like how they look when new, now im going to hack the hell out of it, making holes for vents, antena, batteries hehehe... poor plane, but it will live
a prosperous life....

I havent head of the super dimona motor glider, but i just look it up, and its beautiful, i really like gliders with wheels, because where i fly its pure dirt and rocks (desert) and the belly landers doesnt last... im kind of envy from all the youtube
videos where they land on a perfect grass..... in fact, i have never in my life seen so much grass like in those videos.

I flight in the desert, no routes of comercial airlines, no airports near, no fiels, its about 20km away from the city,and i really meant 2600m, or about 8,530ft :)

im sharing 2 photos, first one its where you can almost see the 2600 meters of heigh, and the other one, was the last my plane transmit, voltaje was almost 7volst, and i was 10.3km from base

oliveDrab 02-24-2018 07:19 PM

Do you fly in the U.S? Maybe the desert Southwest?

I don't fly nearly as high as you do.

betomxl 02-25-2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by oliveDrab (Post 12408645)
Do you fly in the U.S? Maybe the desert Southwest?

I don't fly nearly as high as you do.

Nice video, i wish i had scenery like that here!, i fly in baja california, south of california,
i cant share a video link, because i have less than 10 post..

i try to go flight every sunday, we are about 10 or 15 people in the club. do you fly with friends?

oliveDrab 02-25-2018 09:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by betomxl (Post 12408770)
i try to go flight every sunday, we are about 10 or 15 people in the club. do you fly with friends?

Sometimes I fly with club members who are also friends but if there's nobody else there I fly by myself. Our field has a covered main shelter with ceiling fans, two aluminum shelters, a refrigerator,a porta-potty, and a paved runway. This video shows our field really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHXy3Nj9sc&feature=youtu.be
Our field is situated in an area not far from airports and there is a facility nearby that services helicopters so we must be looking out for full-scale aircraft in the sky and get out of their way if they approach our field.
In the U.S., the rule about flying over 400 feet is: You can fly over 400 feet if you're an AMA member and fly in accordance with the safety code. That comes directly from the FAA.
Can you fly turbine jets at your field? Or maybe the ground is too rocky to take off?

Do you know anybody who has been to the top of Picacho del Diablo?

Sarge50 02-27-2018 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by betomxl (Post 12408642)
Hello!, no im not a member of AMA, yes!, its a 2400mm super sky surfer, i got it today, i like how they look when new, now im going to hack the hell out of it, making holes for vents, antena, batteries hehehe... poor plane, but it will live
a prosperous life....

I havent head of the super dimona motor glider, but i just look it up, and its beautiful, i really like gliders with wheels, because where i fly its pure dirt and rocks (desert) and the belly landers doesnt last... im kind of envy from all the youtube
videos where they land on a perfect grass..... in fact, i have never in my life seen so much grass like in those videos.

I flight in the desert, no routes of comercial airlines, no airports near, no fiels, its about 20km away from the city,and i really meant 2600m, or about 8,530ft :)

im sharing 2 photos, first one its where you can almost see the 2600 meters of heigh, and the other one, was the last my plane transmit, voltaje was almost 7volst, and i was 10.3km from base

Very nice

betomxl 02-28-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by oliveDrab (Post 12408783)
Sometimes I fly with club members who are also friends but if there's nobody else there I fly by myself. Our field has a covered main shelter with ceiling fans, two aluminum shelters, a refrigerator,a porta-potty, and a paved runway. This video shows our field really well*
Our field is situated in an area not far from airports and there is a facility nearby that services helicopters so we must be looking out for full-scale aircraft in the sky and get out of their way if they approach our field.
In the U.S., the rule about flying over 400 feet is: You can fly over 400 feet if you're an AMA member and fly in accordance with the safety code. That comes directly from the FAA.
Can you fly turbine jets at your field? Or maybe the ground is too rocky to take off?

Do you know anybody who has been to the top of Picacho del Diablo?

I have never seen a turbine jet, someday i will get one for my self!, Our field is so far off the city that you cant build anything, because people destroy everything to steal the construction materials, we dont even have a shadow. We have a pavement runaway about 100meters long by 10 meters wide, but its super old, so its pretty much destroyed.

Im planing a trip in the summer to San Pedro Martir, where Picacho del Diablo is, i want to take my mavic and a small fpv wing to fly there, i think it will be an amazing experience. Ill post pics if i do it :D

i just got all the parts for my new plane!, ill post pics about it.

How many planes do you have?

oliveDrab 02-28-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by betomxl (Post 12409710)
...Im planing a trip in the summer to San Pedro Martir, where Picacho del Diablo is, i want to take my mavic and a small fpv wing to fly there, i think it will be an amazing experience. Ill post pics if i do it :D

i just got all the parts for my new plane!, ill post pics about it.

How many planes do you have?

Can't wait to see video from San Pedro Martir. Is there a trail to the top of Picacho del Diablo? Maybe you could film the trail from your Mavic - maybe start at the bottom of the trail and follow it all the way to the top? Might not have the battery life to do that.

I've got the following planes, all electric:
1. SIG LT-40 landplane
2. SIG LT-40 floatplane
3. Tidewater seaplane
4. Neptune seaplane (the small one)
5. SIG 4Star 60
6. SIG Somethin' Xtra
7. ESM Bearcat 72"
8. ESM FW-190 Dora 9
9. SIG Rascal 110
10. Tucano kit which I've just started building (86")
and a Reaction 54 which has a Jetcat P60 turbine engine which uses K1 kerosene. And numerous indoor flyers such as quadcopters.

oliveDrab