Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

PBY 5a w/fpv & waypoint UAV capabilities

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

PBY 5a w/fpv & waypoint UAV capabilities

Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
eagle1945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PBY 5a w/fpv & waypoint UAV capabilities

I am working on an 1/8 scale PBY 5a and am thinking of using it for aerial photography and possibly search missions. I can safely say that it will be capable of 4hr. flight time. Ineed help with the overall setup of camers and vidio recording, gps guidedflight system and more. any help or suggestions would be apreciated.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 AM
rmasterd

Default RE: PBY 5a w/fpv & waypoint UAV capabilities

Have you taken a look at www.readymaderc.com for a FPV set up?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Curtain Call

Check out:

RC Groups UAV thread

DIYDrones

For information on GPS guided flight, autonomous flight control systems, image/data recording and transmission, etc
Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 AM
eagle1945

HAVE CHECKED A LOT OF DIFFERENT SITES AND FOUND LOTS OF SET-UPS. WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR IS PILOT IN COMMAND W/ AUTO PILOT AND GPS CONTROL WHEN USING CAMERA EQUIPMENT. WILL HAVE THREE VIDIOCAMERAS,ONE FORWARD FACING AD ONE ON EITHER SIDE IN BUBBLES, AND STILL CAMERA.

JIM
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Curtain Call

Well Depending on your budget and programing/DIY skill - one is usually the inverse of the other - 
Well PIC, AP, GPS control are all doable, see below for different open source set-ups, if you have the budget commercial applications are also available with MicroPilot, etc.

AttoPilot:

"Assisted Radio Control – Autopilot provides 3-axis stabilization while Radio Control establishes pitch and roll targets"
"7 servos and 5 R/C inputs: 4 flight control + 2 gimbal servos (Pan and Tilt) plus trigger controller. Trigger is unser-configurable as a logic driver or
PWM servo driver."

ArduPilot/ArduPilot Mega:

However, with your video set-up that will require more information:
streaming real-time vs recording
static positioning or pan/tilt capability
Above features for all equipment or just some

Once this is figured out then you can ask more directed questions which can give you more applicable answers, ie
"if I want two different streaming video feeds would I need two separate video Tx for good image quality?"

Do you have a typical mission plan in mind?  That would be a good start to figure out your requirements