Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

Servo Jitter

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

Servo Jitter

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 AM
pipercub4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Jitter

I just got a brand new 1.3 ghz FPV system (set to 1280 MHz for US) and have been having some trouble with it. I am using a 2.4 ghz DS6i transmitter. When the transmitter for the FPV is on with the DS6i I have been getting some jitter in the elevator and rudder servos. The FPV transmitter is pretty close to the servos. Is there a fix for this? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:03 AM
eagle1945

Default RE: Servo Jitter

try wrapping individual wires with alum foil. see if it clears up the problem.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:29 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

ORIGINAL: eagle1945

try wrapping individual wires with alum foil. see if it clears up the problem.
Unbelievable. Instead, try an aluminum foil hat.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
14MHz

Look up some of the toroids you can wrap the wires around. Right before the signal goes into the servo would be best. Toroids should get the freqs off the wire that going into the servos. One of the other common cures like for cat5 and cat6 cable is twisted pairs of wire so twisting the wire might help get the hash off your wire thats being fed to the servos. If it is the freq jumping onto your wire it's just on the skin of the wire so the toroids absorb it. If its the video doing intermod with your controller circuits shielding is your best bet.

Keeping antenna seperated as far apart as can be arranged is good. Try to remember if the two have a common ground like through the battery connections its a path the trash can take and screw with your servo. Going seperate battery for video could be another relief. I imagine these little gizmos aren't too clean with their signals.

Good luck and all.

I'm just starting out in this game so hopefully I wont run into too many problems. I'm going to use ham bands since I'm a ham operator but I'm sure their will be some problems I'll run into. I primarily work HF and the VHF/UHF freqs are weak stuff especially at low power.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

I had the same problem with my first PFV set-up. I moved the vTx about 2" farther away from the servo and fixed the problem. So servos are worse than others about RF jitters.

There is a thread on the "other" site about witch ones are good and bad that way.