Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

does the dx5e have the same output power as dx6i? reg: range boost.

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

does the dx5e have the same output power as dx6i? reg: range boost.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM
g3f0rc3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does the dx5e have the same output power as dx6i? reg: range boost.

I am planning a quick medium range fpv setup and came across a cost effective means to medium to long range FPV.

well my question to you all firstly is: does the spektrum dx5e have the same power output as the modules inside of the dx6i transmitter?

I ask this because if this is true then a cost effective way to increase range is to simply use a booster to the antenna output port in the SMA output inside of the radio and use an 8 to 11 dbi patch antenna. depending on the type of beam length which is desired keeping in mind i will probably go with 8dbi for more area coverage. This would be perfect for me since I FPV without the extra channel on the dx6i and dont need the expo since I am using a glider and not 3d.

so does anyone know? if the module/modem unit inside of the dx5e is the same as the dx6i in terms of output power? I also say this is because they advertise that dx5e is a FULL RANGE TX just like their other models of radio transmitter.

thank you for your time and help in advance.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: does the dx5e have the same output power as dx6i? reg: range boost.

Hi,

Yes, the power output level is the same for the DX5e and DX6i transmitters. Only the Spektrum receivers are designated Parkflyer or full range.

I have all the Spektrum transmitters and a JR 9503 transmitter.

You can read more [link=http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM5510]here[/link].

Good luck!