Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

AR PArrot Drone? Do you HAVE to use a Apple Device?

Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

AR PArrot Drone? Do you HAVE to use a Apple Device?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:07 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default AR PArrot Drone? Do you HAVE to use a Apple Device?

Hey everyone. My brother bought his son an AR Parrot drone. I have not gotten to see it in person so i watched some youtube vids and I think it's pretty cool and seems pretty stable. I have minor experience flying a Blade MSR which i'm ok at flying.

My question is do you have to have an I-Pad or I-pod device or can it be controlled by something else. I have a Droid X so I was wondered if there was an app on android for it.

If not I guess I will not buy it until I finally get an I-pod touch or something, as right now it's a choice between the "AR Parrot Drone" and the "Traxxas Spartan" brushless RC Boat which looks wicked on 6S lipos lol. Thanks for the help.

Anyone with either experience i'd love to hear your thoughts or suggestions on either RC device. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:05 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: AR PArrot Drone? Do you HAVE to use a Apple Device?

Well after a while oif searching I answered my question. There is a MacGyver RC mod, basically a 2.4ghz controller you can buy for it.

So does anyone have experience with this "MacGyver Mod"? Does the drone fly well and is it easy to operate with that controller?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
mboland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is an Android based software available from where ever android users download such things.

Have you checked the AR Drone web site?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Android app for the AR.Drone became available in July, 2011. Several of my friends use it but I still use mine with an iPod Touch. The AR.Drone is a great design.

[link=http://www.slashgear.com/parrot-ar-drone-now-on-android-new-games-available-07157668/]Parrot AR. Drone Now on Android[/link]