Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

New to FPV: Micro setup

For years I have mounted a small, wireless security camera to my planes to record video. Unfortunately, the range on the said device was only 300 feet - not near enough for me to actually fly fpv.

The camera i have been using is nearly 7 years old and way outdated. I know next to nothing about the newer technology and fpv setup options.

What I would like to know is how I could get into the fpv field with my current micro planes. I have a few of the Parkzone UMs, and one scratchbuilt electric. None of these can handle much weight, so the setup needs to be relatively light.

I have seen several videos on youtube, so I know it is possible.

1) What is a good, reliable company/brand/setup that offers a combo for micro planes. I do not need perfect video quality, just enough to see by.

2) What kind of range can I expect? (I would love at least 1000m)

3) How much is this going to set me back? My budget is not extremely large any more and I would love to keep it under $150.

4) I can not use fpv goggles, but have multiple HD LCD screens lying around that I could wire into a reciever.

I would appreciate any help you experienced geniuses and fellow noobs like me can offer.

Thanks in advance,
    Zeldinio
    If God is your co-pilot, you are in the wrong seat.

Prov 3:5,6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New to FPV: Micro setup

I have been using RangeVideo for all my FPV gear for several years with very good success.
    Good products, good service.
    I have just set up a micro system on a Blade MQX which is fun, as well as much larger systems.
    They have everything from complete packages to individual components.
    It\'\'s the quality of life that counts, not the quantity.