Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hobby king FPV packages

looking around at diff stuff plug and play........hobby king set ups are like 200.00 for the package.......is this stuff any good.......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: hobby king FPV packages

If you want to get something that has no quality control, no customer service, a one in three chance it will arrive DOA , go for it. But before you do you need to do some research on Hobby King.

REMEMBER, you get what you pay for!
    Support your local hobby shop.

AMA #5810
    CPA # 73
    Contest Director
    AMA Introductory Flight Instructor
    Club Safety Officer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: handyman

looking around at diff stuff plug and play........hobby king set ups are like 200.00 for the package.......is this stuff any good.......
    Did you find anything? Tempted to try FPV and also find all the individual parts confusing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flew a buddy's Dominator based HK package the other day. It seemed ok, but adding OSD I think would make things easier.

That was my first shot at FPV, and I'm in the same boat (looking at getting into it, but trying to figure out all the options).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: countilaw

If you want to get something that has no quality control, no customer service, a one in three chance it will arrive DOA , go for it. But before you do you need to do some research on Hobby King.

REMEMBER, you get what you pay for!
    "you get what you pay for" that's true, but depends how you get diffrent price.

HK is like hobbywalmart, they offer very good price by scale of economy from large purchase order, massive knock off sales, I feel they realy use cost leadership tactic as a weapon to wiped of some LHS or ebay sort of dealers. Some deals are close to whole sale price.

For FPV stuff, I can see a lot of well branded dealers source same products as HK did from China, e.g. regular tx / rx / camera are just security industry products, no difference.