Community
Search
Notices
FPV Equipment Talk about equipment used for First-Peson View Flying.

hobby king FPV packages

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
handyman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobby king FPV packages

looking around at diff stuff plug and play........hobby king set ups are like 200.00 for the package.......is this stuff any good.......
Old 09-20-2012, 07:07 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hobby king FPV packages

If you want to get something that has no quality control, no customer service, a one in three chance it will arrive DOA , go for it. But before you do you need to do some research on Hobby King.

REMEMBER, you get what you pay for!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Seamus OLeprosy

ORIGINAL: handyman

looking around at diff stuff plug and play........hobby king set ups are like 200.00 for the package.......is this stuff any good.......
Did you find anything? Tempted to try FPV and also find all the individual parts confusing

Old 11-27-2012, 02:50 AM
JeffinTD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flew a buddy's Dominator based HK package the other day. It seemed ok, but adding OSD I think would make things easier.

That was my first shot at FPV, and I'm in the same boat (looking at getting into it, but trying to figure out all the options).
Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
startxmodel

ORIGINAL: countilaw

If you want to get something that has no quality control, no customer service, a one in three chance it will arrive DOA , go for it. But before you do you need to do some research on Hobby King.

REMEMBER, you get what you pay for!
"you get what you pay for" that's true, but depends how you get diffrent price.

HK is like hobbywalmart, they offer very good price by scale of economy from large purchase order, massive knock off sales, I feel they realy use cost leadership tactic as a weapon to wiped of some LHS or ebay sort of dealers. Some deals are close to whole sale price.

For FPV stuff, I can see a lot of well branded dealers source same products as HK did from China, e.g. regular tx / rx / camera are just security industry products, no difference.