Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > FPV, UAV & Drones
Reload this Page >

KKmulticopter board issue

Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

KKmulticopter board issue

Old 09-30-2012, 02:37 PM
molo_30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KKmulticopter board issue

Hi guys,

I posted this on another forum and have gotten some advice back but as yet am not having any luck.

I need some advice. I purchased a X525 Quad kit off ebay and have built it. It came with a KKmulticopter V5.5 blackboard.

I have calibrated all four esc's directly through the receiver before plugging into the kkboard.

I then plug the receiver into the board with the throttle, rudder, aileron and elevator. All escs are plugged into M1-M4.

When I hook the 3s up to it, I get one blue led flash then nothing. The escs beep continuously (every 3 secs or so). There is no response from the board at all.

I have tried arming it and have given up. Is this board defective?

I am running in the +4 configuration. Heres the video below of what happens when I power up. I am told the board is not arming. I have the throttle trim at minimum and no mixing on at all on my DX6i.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlG8Y...&feature=g-upl

Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: KKmulticopter board issue

Hi,

One possibility is that transmitter throttle channel needs to be reversed. If the KK board thinks your throttle is full, it won't arm.

Also, I couldn't tell from the video but only use the red center wire for BEC on M1 to the KK board. M2 - M4 need to have their BECs disconnected by cutting the middle wire or pulling the pin on the control cables.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:24 PM
molo_30

ORIGINAL: Greg Covey

Hi,

One possibility is that transmitter throttle channel needs to be reversed. If the KK board thinks your throttle is full, it won't arm.

Also, I couldn't tell from the video but only use the red center wire for BEC on M1 to the KK board. M2 - M4 need to have their BECs disconnected by cutting the middle wire or pulling the pin on the control cables.

Good luck!
Hi Greg,

thanks for the advice. I checked the throttle reversed and still no luck. I also disconnected the the centre wires on M2-M4 to no avail.

There is no signal getting through the board to the esc's. I tried arming, no solid led comes on. Only a momentary flash when i plug it in.

Could the board need to be flashed? I have downloaded a program called AVR Studio 4. I tried connecting to the computer with the usbasp with 5v applied to board but cannot get AVR to recognise it.

Very frustrating as I was told these are supposed to be flashed ready to go.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have that version of the board but I have the older KK1 flashed with v4.7 and the newer KK2 with LCD screen. These designs have similar setup so does your black board look similar to this [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21977__HobbyKing_Multi_Rotor_Control_Board_V3_0_ Atmega328_PA_.html]Version 3[/link] board at HK?

It may be that the board is not seeing your radio signals. Check that all the black wires are facing the edges of the board and ensure that the throttle channel is plugged in the correct pins. Sometimes, depending upon the firmware loaded, the pins can be reassigned to the receiver and to the motor.

One last thing to check is your throttle limits. Try setting the throttle trim all the way down (test for arming) and then midway (re-test). Then try it with the channel reversed. It just seems like the board is not seeing a valid low-throttle position to allow it to arm.

One more last thing, ensure that the board does have 5v going to it, typically on the M1 middle pin.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65520.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1806777  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 AM
molo_30

Looks very similar but obviously black. All wires are correct and there is 5v going into M1. I have tried the throttle trim at every possible location even reversed.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Krsft04

Hi,

have you checked travel range? I found a site to set up rudder to 50% - but it is wrong - as I couldn't arm with rudder on 50% of course, on original KK site it says rudder 100% elev 50% and ail 50%.
The other on DX6i I have to have Throttle N, but ail, elev, rudder in Reverse.

rgds K
Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 PM
cimo

hey did u find out what the problem was as i am having the same problem