Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Post Need Help to make a long range UAV

Guys, I want to make a UAV for my university project. I require autopilot & data-radio capable of 100 km LOS range atleast. The UAV will have a MTOW of 35 kg.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I don't think so Tim.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yeah let me know when you are able to figure that one out.
    My toys are always bigger than yours...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Suppose it needs to carry a big payload of bombs too
    Fly it till the wings come off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Don't be surprised if this turns out to be a real project some university students and a prof have come up with. After being involved for 10 years with the SAE Aerodesign and listening to what these people come up with nothing would surprise me. They do not consider the limitations or ramnifications of what they might suggest. I have seen designs that suggest the safest spot to observe an attempt at flight would be in your car or under something with a strong roof. It is not unusual to have a thousand plus at one of their events and they are lifting attempting to lift weights where they reach the max allowed 55 lbs and the design has never been test flown before the competition. There are autonomous flight competitions where a modified helicopter is used to take off and complete several tasks and return to base. The carnage is unbelivable you never know when the model is going to take on a life of its own. Its not within the scope of modeling when the requirments are outside the rules we are expected to operate our models under. There are plenty of resources out there that will offer assistance so its a good call to pass on this.

Dennis