Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

FPV for Beginners in AMA Today

Found this comment interesting: (emphasis added)

STEP ONE: Ham It Up

In order to lawfully utilize the radio frequencies that are required for FPV flying, you will need to be a licensed ham radio operator.

Gee, I wonder how many of our resident "experts" in FPV actually have a HAM license. Or even better, how many are not.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
    Found this comment interesting: (emphasis added)

STEP ONE: Ham It Up

In order to lawfully utilize the radio frequencies that are required for FPV flying, you will need to be a licensed ham radio operator.

Gee, I wonder how many of our resident "experts" in FPV actually have a HAM license. Or even better, how many are not.
    Actually quite a few. In this poll :http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=ham+licens over 50%. Now I don't claim to be an "expert" , but it was the first thing I did when I decided on flying that way. What are your chances of getting caught if you don't have a license? Not very good, but if you do, the fine is quite high. The test is easy with a few hours of study, there is no morse code, and there are lots of study guides out there to help you. I liked the article in AMA today. It touched on some of the basics of flying by video that you should know.