Community
Search
Notices
FPV Beginners If you are getting started in FPV this is the place to go for help. Experienced members will help the beginners getting started in FPV, so post your questions you have.

FPV for Beginners in AMA Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Default FPV for Beginners in AMA Today

Found this comment interesting: (emphasis added)

[h=2]STEP ONE: Ham It Up[/h]In order to lawfully utilize the radio frequencies that are required for FPV flying, you will need to be a licensed ham radio operator.

Gee, I wonder how many of our resident "experts" in FPV actually have a HAM license. Or even better, how many are not.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:48 PM
KCStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Found this comment interesting: (emphasis added)

STEP ONE: Ham It Up

In order to lawfully utilize the radio frequencies that are required for FPV flying, you will need to be a licensed ham radio operator.

Gee, I wonder how many of our resident "experts" in FPV actually have a HAM license. Or even better, how many are not.
Actually quite a few. In this poll :http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ght=ham+licens over 50%. Now I don't claim to be an "expert" , but it was the first thing I did when I decided on flying that way. What are your chances of getting caught if you don't have a license? Not very good, but if you do, the fine is quite high. The test is easy with a few hours of study, there is no morse code, and there are lots of study guides out there to help you. I liked the article in AMA today. It touched on some of the basics of flying by video that you should know.