Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carl Goldberg Foam MIG 27--got 2 of them

Well I don't see any more MIG 27 drones on here now,hope I'm in the right section for them.Anyone on here that is flying them or wants to get one flying.I was here about a year ago and there were several people on the forums with these planes.I have one that was ready to fly all summer long,talked about put it in the air many times but never did get up enough nerve to actually do it yet.The second one I have is about half done,still need to decide what I'm going to do with the wing on this one.First one the wing is stock more or less,allthough the whole plane is film covered.Did make a lot of changes by beefing up the body,tricycle gear,and rudder work.If anyone still into these lets talk,--------Reguards BIGMIG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Carl Goldberg Foam MIG 27--got 2 of them

Bigmig:
    Yeah, I haven't seen any posts on these things in quite some time too. Would love to get my paws on one, but the only ones I've seen on ebay have been too much $$$. How about some pics of your birds?

Smooth

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Again,
    I remember seeing your name when I was finding information on these Mig's.There were several guys at that time talking about these drone's.I'll post a couple of the one that has been ready to fly (still not been flown though),think I posted a couple before but don't remember. BIGMIG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh16269.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	859355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dz80848.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	859356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Af90045.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	859357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At54885.jpg 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	859358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ju14191.jpg 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	859359  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bigmig:
    Wow, that thing is AWESOME! What a great looking plane! When do you think you'll get to the maiden flight?

Thanks a lot for the pictures.

Smooth

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello smooth spanky,
    Not sure when it will get the first flight,It set in my shop all summer and now being the middle of winter here--????
    If I was to guess mabe in March,we start getting nice weather by then.Going to put a few pictures of the other one on here,as you will see some changes on the rudder and elevator.The motor on it is just for setting up linkage and justment purposes and will not be used on this plane.A lot more body reinforcement on this one but it is hidden by the film.I have not started the wing yet,sill thinking about what I'll actually do to it yet.I want to beef it up and make it much stronger with mabe some bass wood stringer's in-laid into the foam.Had been playing around with RC Tanks for most of last year and need to get back in the grove with airplanes again.
    BIGMIG

P.S. the MIG in the other pictures has a new GMS 76 engine on it,I ran a couple of tanks of fuel through it for a break-in and it seems to run good and I think it will have pleanty of power to fly it.It only needs to get charged up and mabe another 1/2 tank of fuel ran through it and its ready to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp42621.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	860284   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh21453.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	860285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw59748.jpg 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	860286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wq42205.jpg 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	860287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lw20218.jpg 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	860288  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bigmig:
    Cool! You're a lucky guy! Can't wait to hear about these things once you get them up in the air.

Smooth

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently came into a cg kit still in the box (im military) and 1 rs systems one i put my radio gear in one yesterday with the K&B .65 and flew it it was very easy to fly. im a real newbie but i got this thing to the ground on my terms. i plan on building one up nice and useing the rest for trainers/testing prolly gonna skim coat ones entire exterior with 3/4 oz glass

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello theboy47,
    Can you post any pictures,sounds interesting-----BIGMIG

seen it myself today at work looks like it is going to turn out nice as long as weight is kept down monokote might help instead of glass
    \"I\'ve got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Carl Goldberg Foam MIG 27got 2 of them

BigMIG

I just got one. It is missing a hatch cover for the servo compartment. I have lots of questions.
    Do they usually have a cover?
    How did you finish the red one? Film or paint?
    Can you post the measurements of the landing gear positions?
    Where is the CG suposed to be?
    Did you hot glue the tail feathers to the fuse?
    I know this is a long list of questions but I don't want to mess it up. Any info onn what you did will be appreciated.
    Thanks Huck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Huck1199,
    I have this plane posted on RCTankWarfare.com,if you want to come over to that forum I'll be glad to help you in any way I can. BIGMIG HO train moderator RCTankWarefare.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,
    I just came into 3 of these Migs and all are missing the right foam cover over the servo/battery compartment. Does anyone have any extra to sell? Thanks.

Derions@comcast.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DD2

It seems they never had a hatch on the right side. The fellow I bought mine from sent me a spare left hand but it does not fit the right side.

Huck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got 15 of these craft, don't know where to start, new to RC planes, any help would be great and appreciated? I could probably get more if I crash them all!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check out this forum thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#376533

There are some great ideas there.

Thanks Huck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow sounds like you really scored,thats a lot of migs.Did you happen to get some of the K&B engines with them.I have two and one is ready to fly,been talking about flying it for two years.I think it is going to get air-born very soon now.I have just been working over some of my planes getting them ready to fly again.It's been about a year and a half since i've flown,and don't want to forget how.I made quite a few moddifacations to my mig and I'm still not sure how to balance this for flight.The originals were flown with out any landing gear which for what they were built for was just fine.But I want to fly mine over and over again so installed a nose gear and regular landing gear.I'll post up some pictures tonight or tomorrow.

BIGMIG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got about 10 of those motors, some were from the crashed planes that they flew, so they need to be worked on, but other than that I have a couple new ones too, I just don't what kind of receiver I need, and the servos and battery type.. I am really new to this type of thing where do I begin?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What are these planes worth to someone, I kind of have an idea,?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You begin by understanding that this is NOT a trainer. Find a local hobby shop and RC club and ask for help. You will need to learn to fly before trying to fly one of these or it will get broken. The best place to start looking for a local club is through the Acadamy of Model Aeronautics website. Google them to find the site. They list all the AMA clubs in the country. Membership in the AMA brings with it a million dollars in liability insurance and if you are going to fly high performance airplanes you really need to protect yourself with their insurance.
    Bob Furr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ctshover

Are these unassembled in new condition? They come in three's with one motor. Do you have the shipping boxes? They come with the servos installed and ailerons taped to the wing with duct tape. I would be interested in a pristine one. I have one now that I intend to fly with no cosmetics and would like to make one 'pretty'.

Thanks Huck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can't tell you what they are worth,I guess what ever you can get out of them.My son bought my first one for me and he paid $150.00 dollars for it in a hobby shop that had it.But it was in great condition. What is the killer on these planes is when it comes to trying to ship them- It can cost you more for the shipping than the airplane is worth.I found a guy a couple years back that had over a hundred of them and was selling them for $35.00 dollars each,but the big draw-back was it cost around 75 to 80 dollars for the shipping and he would not guarentee he could even get that good of a price for shipping.Its not their weight,it's the oversized box you need to ship them in thats the problem.It would most likely be cheaper shipping a case of them and trying to work out a deal with a trucking company to get them.

BIGMIG

P.S. One guy i talked to here on the forum a while back was wondering if he could cut the wing in half and also the fuselage to get away from the over length box for shipping.Don't know if he ever did that,but I wouldn't want one of them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They are new in the box but the box must have been opened because there are no servos in the planes, or any of the recievers, it does have another box inside with a new engine, the props, some epoxy and mixing sticks, and some other hardware, but there are no electronic stuff...all the other components are there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I understand that these are not trainers, I plan on purchasing some type of trainer just to learn the controls a little better, probably like a wild hawk electric or something in that matter, I like to teach myself things though, so finding a club probably won't happen, I taught myself how to fly heli's so I am pretty confident I can figure out a plane, but thanks for the advice. I still need to know what type of servos and recievers people have been putting in these planes thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Use standard 40-50 oz torque servos. Any receiver that matches your transmitter, make sure you use a "full range receiver". These aren't too hard to fly but you may need help trimming it for level flight. A nice trainer is an AXN Floater Jet from HobbyKing.com. It comes compete with motor and speed control for $59.99 plus $40 shipping. For $100 all you need is your reciever and go fly. It is EPO foam that is very tough.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just opened one of my boxes and to my surprise I have everything, servos and the reciever that won't work, but oh well, I was just wondering if someone wants to make a trade, say one of these planes with a .91 motor, no servos or anything else, for a RC Trainer, like the Easy Star,or a Wild Hawk, or the AXN Floater jet, I would prefer something with the radio already, but shoot me an email and we can talk...serbuschr@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast