Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

FAAST-Binding to 2+ Transmitters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FAAST-Binding to 2+ Transmitters?

I have a 14MZ and a 9CHP as a backup transmitter. I've flown 72 for years and am transitioning over to 2.4. I've ordered the module for my 14MZ (here tomorrow!) but haven't ordered the 8 channel for my 9CHP yet.

I'm really in kind of a bind. Module for 9CHP=$$$ for a radio that is obsolete now and it basically worthless (even synthesized) on flea-bay from what I can tell (at 72, of course). New 10C=even more $$$. What do do?

One of the things I've always done is had my 9CHP completely programmed for the planes and helis I flew most (till I filled up memory) and used it to backup my 14MZ (primary, of course). When I needed a backup radio or to send one or the other in for service, I simply used the other radio.

Can you bind a reciever to two different transmitters at the same time? I'm betting not and that I'd have to re-bind every time I changed TX's. That's gonna be a PITA. There's gotta be a better answer. Please tell me I've got this all wrong!

Thanks,
-bob
Old 09-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FAAST-Binding to 2+ Transmitters?

A spread-spectrum receiver can be linked to only one transmitter. If you wish to use a different transmitter, you will have to re-link. This is about a 5-second operation when you assemble the model for the first time that day.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM
WilsonFlyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FAAST-Binding to 2+ Transmitters?

Thanks Bill. I can live with that now that I've seen the process.

Wanna buy a nice 9CHP? I know where you can get a great deal with a 72 synthesizer! LOL