Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

7C : down trim with flaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Terry Bolin
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 7C : down trim with flaps

[] I spent an hour last night in the manual trying what I thought would allow Down elevator trim when I use landing flaps. No luck so far. I have the flaps on the two step switch on Right top using two settings of down flap and would like a automatic down trim added to elevator with each step of flaps applied...What am I doing wronge? Please help...(Radio is a 2.4 7 C..........great radios.......thank you, Terry.
[email protected]
Old 10-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 7C : down trim with flaps

The 7C really doesn't have this capability. A mixer will do a poor job. For elevator mixing with flaps, you need more transmitter.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
hellcat 1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am doing this very thing with a 7C. I am using channel 7 for flaps on switch G like you. I use a P-Mix and make 7 the master and 2 the slave. You can assign switch G or if you only want a mix on full down flaps leave the switch unassigned and turn the mix on. You will have to use two P-Mmixes if you want different amounts of elevator trim for the two positions down. I only use elevator trim in the full down position so I am only using one.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Hellcat 1 is right, I know because he helped me program my 7c for flaps on switch g and down elevator when I apply flaps on my rv-4, thats the reason I bought the 7c for the 3 position switch for flaps........maybe he should work for futaba
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Terry Bolin

He would do a better job!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Terry Bolin

Thanks for the info... Much better than what I got from the tech help!
I have always had Futauba since the 70's and that was a disappointing reply. No options
Old 10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK, you can do it that way. We were thinking that using a mix could cause difficulties in two of the positions of the 3-position switch. Since there's only ways to set endpoints, and not follow the flap application directly, the 7C's mixer would not be particularly-good about it. You can use two mixes, but the downside is that you're using TWO mixes.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
hellcat 1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have tried a few things since we were on this subject. You can assgin switch G and you have actually about 4 choices. You can have mixing only in the up position or the down position, and also in the down and middle position or in the up and middle position. It seems to work well. You have to try it and put in the percentage you want and it depends on the whether the elevator is reversed or normal as to whether you put - or + percentage in. I'm usuing it on about 3 different aircraft and I ususally use between 6 to 10 percent. You can also leave the switch unassinged and it only works in the up position for me. Which in my case is full down flaps.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Terry Bolin

Worked like a charm.....Thank you so much!
Terry