Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Flying Heli's with a 10 CAG - throttle question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 AM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying Heli's with a 10 CAG - throttle question

I've been doing some heli flying with my 10 CAG. I was wondering if there was a way to smooth out the throttle stick and still keep the tension on it so it does not get too loose.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Flying Heli's with a 10 CAG - throttle question

One way is to take the ratchet spring that "clicks" into the detents of the throttle stick and turn it over. It will then just rub over the top of the teeth and still add some tension. You could also add a small bit of fuel tubing over the ratchet spring after you've turned it over. That will increase the friction. However, it may tend to work loose over time.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bax,
I kept the spring the original direction, since it has the 90 degree end that slips into the slot, and I was concerned that bending it 180 would break it. I did put a piece of fuel tubing over it, and then bent it outward to release the pressure a bit. Result? Perfect! Thanks so much for the idea. Now that I'm branching out into heli's I really am getting an appreciation for how much this radio can do.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Sam
Old 12-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear your solution worked. We didn't mean to bend the spring, but to turn it over so that the "V" that went into the notches was pointing up, away from the notches.