Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Floating Aileron Servo's

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
jman12
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Floating Aileron Servo's

Sir,

I have been using the same 6EX TX and R617FS RX radio system for the past two years without any problems. Just recently I have been having problems with my ailerons not centering in the right location after power up. I have reset them and it would be fine until I either moved the aileron stick on my TX or shut down the system and power back up. This problem has showed up on two different airplanes using the same TX. One plane has a mirical "y" and the other is set up wuth a normal "Y" connector. Do I have a bad TX or power issue to the servo? Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Floating Aileron Servo's

Please check your "Y" harness. Many times, it's a bad connector in the system. You can confirm this by plugging the servos, one at a time, directly into the receiver and checking their operation. It's not likely a transmitter or receiver fault.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:18 PM
xlr82v2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Floating Aileron Servo's

I've seen the same behavior in some of my older airplanes with the aileron servos. It seems to stem from a slightly dirty or corroded pin/socket in the connectors. I'll bet that if you plug/unplug the connectors several times, essentially "wiping" them clean, this "floaty, bouncy" behavior will go away. This has been my experience. It is not a receiver, transmitter, or servo problem.