Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R603FS receivers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default R603FS receivers...

While shopping for another R603FS to use with my 3PK, I have noticed two "versions" of this model. One features an "orange label" while the other features a "blue label." Is there a difference between the two which serve different purposes or did Futaba simply change the sticker applied to the front of the receiver?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:43 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: R603FS receivers...

Can anyone reply to a message in this forum or are only Futaba reps allowed? Perhaps I should post this question in another category.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Mouton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R603FS receivers...

I sort of asked the same thing some time ago. I have three types of R603FS, one with blue and no wired external antenna, one with blue and the wired external antenna and one with orange and the wired external antenna. Some dealers still use an image of the older with blue graphics in their online store, but they will sell you the one with orange graphics.

The first version was never sold in the US, so Bax and his colleagues had never seen one like it. Mine is an early sample - but it still works great. The blue and orange ones are identical, just as you say different graphics. When the system was launched it was not even called FASST. FASST and the orange graphics came after a while.