Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

8FG wandering center w/ elevator dual rates

I'm setting up the dual (actually triple) rates on my new Extreme Flight Extra 300. Low, high, and 3D rates.

Elevator dual rates on SA.

Each of the rate selections has a different center point. The servos move about 1-2% from true center for low rate or 3D rate. On high rate (100%), the servos are centered perfectly.

At first I thought it was a bad servo, but I have dual servos on the elevator, on channels 2 and 8. Both servos move the same amount, and in the perfect unison; i.e. both move their respective elevator half up a tick as I cycle the dual rate switch..

It's in the transmitter. On the dual rate screen, I can see the vertical line on the graph move when I move the dual rate switch. On the servo screen, I can see the numbers at the bottom for each elevator half increase in unison as I cycle the dual rate switch.

I've been through every menu on the radio and I can't find what is causing this. Any ideas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 8FG wandering center w/ elevator dual rates

Recalibrate yor sticks!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think you're right. There's a procedure for it on another site, but it looks like I need an SD card. Off to Walmart, I guess...

It's funny, this is the 10th plane I put on the 8FG and I've never noticed the elevator calibration being off... Then again none of those planes have high-speed high-voltage digital servos on them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The latest software upgrade for your radio includes stick calibration