Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba MPDX-1 and 12FGA Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Guillermo Ibanez
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba MPDX-1 and 12FGA Help

Can some one please give me a hand with setting up the MPDX-1 for my 12FGA transmitter?

My Skymaster F-16 1/8 set up is

1 Elevator right
2 Elevator left
3 Rudder
4 Aileron right
5 Aileron left
6 Throttle
7 Gear
8 Turbine Aux
9 Nose Wheel
10 Brake
11 Ailerons Gyro sensitivity (Switch SA). Gyro is ACT Fuzzy Pro (two input/two output)
12 Rudder/Nose Wheel Gyro sensitivity (Switch SD). Gyro is ACT Fuzzy pro (two input/two output)
13 (DG1) Multifunction Displays and HUD in cockpit On
14 (DG2) Landing lights On

In another 3 position switch (the one usually used for Airbrake, I guesss is SG) I have set up in center position, both gyros in normal mode and in the up position, both gyros in HH. Of course I know that is not recomended to fly jets in HH.

Channels 13 and 14 are assigned to the same switch in the uper left side just in front of the Gear Switch. Channel 13 switch set up is: Off, On, On. Channel 14 switch set up is: Off, Off, On.

My intention is to relocate 2 channels (Maybe turbine AUX and Brakes) to the MPDX-1 to free two channels for the leading edge flaps.....(yes, my Skymaster F-16 1/8 has leading edge flaps). Not tested yet. But soon.

I updated the 12 FGA software to version 3.0 and got the 6014 HS receiver. I installed on the received Data Port the jumper as per instructions and I installed in the MPDX-1 the jumper for using the recenver battery instead of an ext. battery.

I disconnetcted both gyro sensitivity from channels 11 and 12 and connected the MPDX-1 to channel 11 and let channel 12 unused.

I went to my transmitter set up and in the Function screen I set Multiprop to Channel 11 and set in the multiprop expanded channels Switch SA to Channel 1 and Switch SD to channel 2.

Now, when I test the system, all channesl configuration, flight conditions, etc. are OK as I had set up prior to upgrading to version 3.0 but both gyros are not working as when connected to channels 11 an12. One gyro is in HH and the other is in Normal mode at the same time no matter in which position I have the SG switch and Switchs SA and SD set for sensitivity (0, 50 and 75% are set in a way that led blink twice in switchs off position, don't blink in the center position and blink twice or three tiimes in the up position....Absolutely crazy

What did I wrong? (Maybe is missing set up the SG switch for setting gyros in HH and Normal mode. I do not remember to set this switch last night).

MPDX instructions are for Futaba 14MZ G3/1024, PCM.G3/PCM 1024/PPM

Where should I set the G3/1022 switch? In G3, PCM/1024 or PPM? My transmitter is 2.4 Ghz

Transmitter set up for the gyros is the same as when connected to channels 11 and 12 . I have not modified the transmitter set up, just in the Functioin display for multiprop assignment.

BRG
Old 11-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba MPDX-1 and 12FGA Help

If you have a channel set up for the MPDX-1, then you will not be able to set a gyro to it. Your best bet would be to use the S-Bus and have two programmable aileron servos on one chanel, two programmable elevator servos on another channel, and then your two wing slats with programmable servos on another channel. This will allow you to have six separately-progammable servos controlled via three channels. You won't need to use the MPDX-1.

The gyros will not work right when programmed through the MPDX-1. It's best used for on/off functions.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Guillermo Ibanez

ORIGINAL: Bax

If you have a channel set up for the MPDX-1, then you will not be able to set a gyro to it. Your best bet would be to use the S-Bus and have two programmable aileron servos on one chanel, two programmable elevator servos on another channel, and then your two wing slats with programmable servos on another channel. This will allow you to have six separately-progammable servos controlled via three channels. You won't need to use the MPDX-1.

The gyros will not work right when programmed through the MPDX-1. It's best used for on/off functions.
Thank you Bill

Very helpful your answer

BRG

Old 11-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Guillermo Ibanez

ORIGINAL: Guillermo Ibanez

ORIGINAL: Bax

Thank you Bill

Very helpful your answer

BRG

Bill, can you help me with this question:

Where should I set the G3/1022 switch? In G3, PCM/1024 or PPM? My transmitter is 2.4 Ghz?