Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

AnyLink with Futaba 12FG?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:59 AM
cjshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AnyLink with Futaba 12FG?

Supposedly, the AnyLink product is supported on the 12FG, but I can't seem to make it work.

My Anylink works fine with my Spektrum DX6i, and it worked well with my Futaba Super 9C,
using the supplied square cable. I've since sold that radio, and am attempting to get the AnyLink
working with my Futaba 12FG. It's running firmware version 2.1.

I've tried using it with no RF module. I've tried it with the 72 Mhz module installed. I've tried it with
the FASST module installed. I've tried turning Trainer mode on and off. I've tried 8 channel and 12
channel in trainer mode. Can't get the AnyLink to boot up. The green LED comes on, but the AnyLink
does NOT beep.

I've looked online, and they do NOT appear to have detailed configuration data for the 12FG on their
website. I need to know how to make the Anylink work on my 12FG.

Thank you,
Chris Shaker
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: AnyLink with Futaba 12FG?

You need to go into the System Menu, and then the Trainer Section. Turn the Trainer Function "ON", and then set the Teacher/Student setting to "STUD", for "Student". 12/8 channel setting should be "8CH", and the Modulation should be "PPM". You're now "good to go".
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM
cjshaker

Bax:

Thank you for the reply.

Should that work without a module? Does the module matter?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker
Old 03-18-2012, 09:53 AM
cjshaker

I'll answer my own question. It works without the module. HOWEVER, it appears to be working in mode 1! My radios are all mode 2. To get the Anylink to respond to its mode change, I have to use the RIGHT stick! I know I can fix it by remapping the functions on the channels, but is this expected behavior?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker