Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

servo slow in Futaba 10CAG for flaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 AM
johnsmith122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo slow in Futaba 10CAG for flaps

hi there
i own Futaba 10CAG and now i m setting up it with my plane having 2 servo on flaps n i m setting it up on 3 way switch C up postion its normal no function on middle its half flaps and on down position full flaps when i m setting ut up it deploy instent as i want to deploy it slowly.
can any one tell how to do this in 10 CAG really apreciat the help Thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 AM
johnsmith122

Default RE: servo slow in Futaba 10CAG for flaps

strange no one come up with help
Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 AM
bunsen

Hi

I was wondering about the same thing for a Spartan Executive recently.

How about a Go Slow from McDaniels"
http://www.sonictronics.com/xcart/home.php?cat=357

Another option may be:
-
Turnigy servo slow down module 10.
<hr size="1" style="color: #c5ccd3; background-color: #c5ccd3" />
this is the servo slow down module I have used it for flaps and for servo actuated retracts. included is the female to female jumper extension which plugs into the rx. you can adjust the speed and slow down more than one thing at a time. just plug what you want slowed into the module then plug the jumper into the corresponding channel on the rx. 10. shipped paypal,conus

-

I beliece that digital servos can be programmed to go slow but not sure.

or from the Futaba Frequently asked questions:
-

Does the 10C have a Speed In/Speed out option like the 12 and 14 channel radios?

While the 10C does not have Speed In/Speed Out, you can use the throttle delay as a type of Servo Slow on a different channel if you like.

What you will need to do is to plug whatever servo you are wishing to slow, into the channel 3 slot and get that set up as you wish.

Then you will want create throttle on another channel (we'll use 8). You will need to go into the Aux Channel screen to make channel 8 Null.

Then we are going to do a series of mixes:

1. For the first mix, you will go into the advanced menu and create a mix from Throttle to Throttle at -100% each way with any switch in the Null position, this will turn off the throttle stick action for you.
  2. Second mix, you will want to make Throttle master and Aux2 as slave, Link Off, Trim Off, the switch should be set to STK-THR and the rates should be +100% in both directions.
  3. Next you will want to make another mix with Offset as master, and Throttle as Slave, for this example you can put this on Switch C in the UP position at +100%.
  4. For fourth and last mix, again do an offset mix with Offset as Master and Throttle as Slave and then put this on Switch C in the Down position at -100%.

This will make your channel 8 servo act as your throttle with your throttle stick and allows you to use channel 3 with a different servo plugged into it, as your "delayed" servo.

Lastly all you need to do is go into Throttle Delay and set the amount of delay you want on this servo.

-

Cheers

Ray

Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 AM
yak54

Hi, you can't slow the servo's down from the TX you will need to buy a servo slow. When i contacted Futaba they told me the 10 doesn't have a servo slow function on it.

Yak54.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The 10C doesn't allow slowing of any channels other than throttle, but here's the FAQ. It may help:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-10c-2_4ghz-q1068.html
Old 05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
bunsen

Hi

I have the same issue with flaps on an airplane I am working on and use a 10C radio.  Really want to be able to have the flaps deploy slowly both up and down with three positions from a switch like you mentioned.    There are companies that sell "go slow" devices that fit between the receiver and the servos such as the Sonic tronics MCD881
http://www.sonictronics.com/xcart/home.php?cat=357

What I decided to do is use digital servos for the flap servos off of one receiver channel, AUX, and set up the digital servos using a servo programmer for speed, center position, and max throw per side.

THat way I can set them to run off one receiver channel.

Cheers

Ray