Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Mixing a 9CA while flying

Old 09-01-2003, 08:57 PM
Big Mike

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mixing a 9CA while flying

I'm fairly new to RC flying ( about one year with a lot of flying time and I'm on my fourth plane) and I'm wanting to start mixing the controls for my latest plane, a Sig Cap 231 EX .

In reading the Ultimate RC Flight Guide I've found this principle of mixing to try to achieve "pure inputs" to compensate for the idiosyncracies of various planes. Sounds like a great idea.

My question is can you do this mixing while the plane is flying or should you land the plane and then adjust things? I lost a real nice flying plane a couple weeks ago when I got distracted and I don't want to do that again. It hit so hard that it ripped the cylinder right off the crankcase of the OS 50SX . Big Bummer!

So, anyway what is the easy way to do this mixing?

Thanks a lot,

Bib Mike
Old 09-02-2003, 02:46 AM
Steve Guinn

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Do the mixing on the ground.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by Steve Guinn
Do the mixing on the ground.
What he said.
I am in the process of fine tuning my 9C with respect to a Hangar 9 US60. Mainly working on the flaps/elevator mix today. Fly the plane, test the mix, land the plane, adjust the mix, fly the plane, test the mix, etc. Took maybe three short flights to lock it down.
Too much going on with the plane in the air to be looking at the radio, let alone adjusting settings.