Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

cgy750 - 4 point CCPM -> servo jitter in AVCS mode ..

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default cgy750 - 4 point CCPM -> servo jitter in AVCS mode ..

I have a helicopter set up with 4 point CCMP .. forward, rear, left and right servos connected to the swash .. - When I have the rotor head axis head on NORMAL gain, I can go full aileron/elevator and I get none at all or barely any buzzing/interaction from the servos
- When I go into AVCS mode, I get no buzzing or interaction ONLY if I move aileron and elevator controls independent of themselves. If I move both, I get a buzzing and jittering on the servos. ( such as when putting in aileron and elevator input at once ) The moment I flip gain over to NORMAL it stops ( while holding ail/ele stick in same spot ) . The TX is showing no mixes or movement on the servo monitor ..

Also, I do have a swash ring set up in the programing, so its not an issue of over travel ..

Is this the 750 trying to get the attitude of the model to move according to input and fighting between inputs on the 4point ccpm? And maybe if its in the air it wont have to as the heli will be responding from gyro commands ?

Or is this something that I need to address ?

All the best,

~V~
Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: cgy750 - 4 point CCPM -> servo jitter in AVCS mode ..

It sounds like the CGY-750 is trying to find the centering in AVCS mode, and you may have some servos fighting with each other. Or....it's constantly working to keep the heli in the set attitude and the servos tend to be running a hair off.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: cgy750 - 4 point CCPM -> servo jitter in AVCS mode ..

ORIGINAL: Bax

It sounds like the CGY-750 is trying to find the centering in AVCS mode, and you may have some servos fighting with each other. Or....it's constantly working to keep the heli in the set attitude and the servos tend to be running a hair off.

I would have typically have though that maybe the servos are interacting slightly, and might be a bit off, however i would think this would show up in NORMAL and AVCS mode the same , but its only in AVCS ... I'm hoping its only an issue of the gyro truing to find the correct attitude per the input. I'm going to fly it an see how it goes .. at least with 4 point CCPM there is true redundancy if a servo blows ... This is a 1:6 scale turbine powered bell 412, and i just want to be sure of everything before putting that much $$ in the air

thanks !

~V~