Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Sbus servo question

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sbus servo question

Are all the parameters that are available when programming an sbus servo functional when the servo is used with a conventional receiver? I'm using a few sbus mini servos on landing gear valves and trying to "ease" the holding current needed at each endpoint as the valves don't need that kind of holding power. I programmed one for servo type and used the retract option and also increased the dead band. I have a meter hooked up and the current is still the same as it was before I changed those parameters. I just want confirmation that these parameters are active when used on a non sbus receiver. Thanks.

Marty
Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Sbus servo question

An S-Bus servo has all of the adjustability that a non-S-Bus servo has, except that the servo, itself, is programmable in addition to being able to be fully-controlled from the transmitter. For the lowest current draw, the servo must not be moving and must not have any load applied to it. An air valve would be something that would suit that condition, since it would have no load upon it once it's been moved to the activating position.