Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Failsafe Question

Old 11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
OldCoot
My Feedback: (47)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Failsafe Question

T8FG with R6008.

I have a Quad rotor copter with Naza controller. I cannot get the Naza to recognize a fail safe when I turn off the transmitter.
In order for the Naza to see a fail safe, at least one of the channels must loose servo pulse. Am I correct than when the R6008 looses TX signal it still maintains a pulse to the servos depending on my fail safe settings (either hold position or move to F/S position).
If I am correct, is there any way to prevent the R6008 from pulsing the servos if TX signal is lost.

Thanks,
Dan

11/30/12 Update:
I found a workaround to get the NAZA unit into failsafe. I had to program a force failsafe switch and then set my radio failsafe to move the channel to that switch position when loss of signal occurs.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Failsafe Question

We are not familiar with a NAZA controller. With Futaba 2.4 GHz receivers, none of the servos will actually lose a signal when the system goes into failsafe. They go to predetermined positions. The 8-channel receiver allows you to set the failsafe position of every channel. If your multi-rotor system has its own failsafe system, then however you set the system to make it work would be correct.