Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8FG setup for twin glow engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
SRQFlyer
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8FG setup for twin glow engines

I've not found any real help on twin glows using the 8FG. I've set up the current plane just like previous ones when I was using my 8U by using the "Throttle-Needle" (now "fuel mix") and all seems to work fine EXCEPT trim only seems to work on Ch. 3. I can adjust endpoints, needle curve, throttle kill, but no setting seems to allow trim to work on Ch. 8. If this has been previously discussed, I can't find it but would gladly accept a pointer to the answer with the appropriate rap on the knuckles.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 12-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 8FG setup for twin glow engines

If you set up channel 8 as your second throttle channel, you can designate any available control to act as the trim. One way that makes a lot of sense is to set up LD as the left engine's trim, and RD and the right engine's trim. That would leave T3 for something else.

If you want both to trim from T3, then set up T3 as the trim for channel 8.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:34 PM
SRQFlyer
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 8FG setup for twin glow engines

Thank you Bax