Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Set up for FBL Helicopter with CGY 750 and 14Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
ArtW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set up for FBL Helicopter with CGY 750 and 14Z

I am attempting to use a Futaba 14Z to set up a Futaba R6208SB Receiver (S Bus) and CGY750 (3 axis gyro for FBL helicopter) with Futaba S3153MG servos in a Thunder Tiger 325 V2 FBL Helicopter.
I can't seem to get the channels assigned properly from transmitter, to receiver, to gyro, to helicopter. Somewhere something is confused.

I downloaded the latest update for the 14Z. I have gotten the 14Z to talk to the R6208SB receiver. The receiver talks to the CGY750 Gyro-Governor. I have gone through the set up on the CGY750 assigning channels as directed.
Channel 1 Aileron
Channel 2 Elevator
Channel 3 Throttle
Channel 4 Rudder
Channel 5 Gyro
Channel 6 Pitch
Channel 7 Off
Channel 8 Off
The MiniTitan has a H3-120 swash plate with
left front swash plate ball link as Pitch
right front swash plate ball link as aileron
rear swash plate ball link as elevator

I have checked each step of the programming.
The 14Z thinks channel 1 is Aileron, right front servo is plugged into the CGY aileron slot, the CGY 750 thinks channel 1 is aileron.
The 14Z thinks channel 2 is elevator,rear servo is plugged into the CGY elevator slot, the CGY 750 thinks channel 2 is elevator.

The 14Z thinks channel 6 is pitch, left front servo is plugged into the CGY pitch slot, the CGY 750 thinks channel 6 is pitch.

The throttle works properly. The rudder on channel 4 works properly.

The problem is that when I move the right stick (aileron) left, the left front (PITCH) servo goes up, and rear (elevator) servo moves UP (as if they are the aileron pair when they are not).
When I move the aileron stick right, the left front servo (PITCH) goes down, the rear (elevator) servo moves down, and the right front servo moves up a bit.

When I move the right stick (elevator) back, the left front servo moves a bit, and right forward servo moves down, the rear servo moves down.

When I move pitch (left stick), the left front does nothing, the right front goes down, the rear moves up.

There is major confusion in the H3-120 setup.

What have I set up wrong? Does someone have a clear explanation on how to set up a CGY750 3 axis gyro with a H3-120 swash head in a 14Z radio?

Does someone have a set up for a 14Z with a CGY750 for a miniTitan helicopter?
I can't be the only person who has trouble getting this three axis gyro set up properly.

Help!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
ArtW

Default RE: Set up for FBL Helicopter with CGY 750 and 14Z

I have done more debugging. I tried using a simple swashplate set up and the servos continued to function together rather than individually. The CGY750 seems to be trying to do the coordination for the H3-120 swashplate at the same time the transmitter is doing the same things. So I unplugged the servos from the CGY750 and plugged them into the receiver directly. I changed the 14Z to an H3-120 swash plate. I played with servo reverse and got the system to work perfectly without the CGY750 in the system. What this shows is the 14Z transmitter is set up properly for a H3-120 swash plate helicopter. All directions are correct in the transmitter. All channel assignments are correct. Then I started shifting over channels to plug them into the CGY750. First was throttle. That worked fine. Then rudder, this was where I ran into problems again. The CGY750 seems to not allow the servo to center. It moves while the stick is moved then does not return when the stick is displaced. Is this ACVS mode? It seems to indicate A mode even though I am in basic set up. The instructions are minimalist enough that switching out of A mode is not obvious.

I never got to moving the aileron, pitch, and elevator servos back to being plugged into the CGY750. My plan is to attempt to get it to work on rudder and in that way try to understand the directions enough to debug it. The directions are minimalist at best. Very minimalist. A few examples and a few more sentences would help enormously.

I think my problem is with the Futaba CGY750 3 axis Gyro not the transmitter. If anyone is has experience with a CGY750, and can offer advice, I need it.

Thanks.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
ArtW

Does anybody have a Futaba CGY750 3 axis gyro? Has anybody successfully set one up? In two weeks of asking for advice there has been absolute silence. Maybe I should just return it and try some other brand? Is the Futaba CGY 750 too complex or just non functional?
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With the flybarless system, you do not set up the swash in the transmitter. You do it all in the CGY-750. Set up the transmitter with the H-1 swash type. Then, all will work correctly.

One thing that led to a delay in our posting back to you was the fact that you multiply posted on the same day. That causes confusion, since we look for the posts with zero replies. As soon as you posted, the reply count went to 1, which we usually ignore, thinking we've already replied. We do a lot of emails/forum posts over a week, and can't always get to them right away. Adding more posts to your first one only adds confusion.