Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

Futaba skysport 6a HELP

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 PM
ColibriGuitars

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba skysport 6a HELP

Hi, i new on this, but can i use just one servo for aileron??? how must be set up, and trimmed, swithced? Thanks a lot!!

I ask becouse i want to this in a 3 channel plane and want the rudder on left stick.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:32 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba skysport 6a HELP

The type of installation of aileron pushrods and servos depends entirely upon the model. One way is with strip-type ailerons as shown starting on page 14 of the Ultra Sport construction manual:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/us40-manual.pdf

Another way uses bellcranks in the wing. Starting on page 17 of the Cub construction manual, you can see how it's done:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma0160-manual-v3.pdf

Both of those methods use one servo to control the ailerons. You'll have to purchase the needed hardware from your favorite hobby retailer.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM
ColibriGuitars

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hi!
Well may be i´m wrong, my question is, o want to use this tx as a 3 channel, with rudder on left stick, but i don´t know how to fix the switches and rates to get a simple servo movement with just one servo, as the channel 6 is working with channel ailerons, so....  the owners manual does not explain how to use as a 4 channel. 
My plane is so basic as my skills to fly it.  
Thanks for the support
Regards
Rodrigo Castellanos
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM
TFF

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You just plug the rudder servo into the spot for the aileron on the receiver. On a non programable radio, you just plug the servo into the socket than matches what stick you want to use. The labels only are accurate in a generic way.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Normally, if you are operating your airplane as a 3-channel model, with rudder, elevator, and throttle, you put the rudder and elevator on the right-hand stick, for Mode II flyers. You don't need to program anything, just plug the rudder servo into the slot that your desired stick controls.

If your airplane has ailerons, and it currently uses two servos to operate the ailerons, and you wish to use one servo to operate the ailerons, then the links I gave you, above, will show you how to do it.

Otherwise, I'm not at all sure what you're trying to do. Normally, a 3-channel model uses the aileron stick to control the rudder, since that's the main control used to make the airplane turn. When you have only rudder, elevator, and throttle, you don't put the rudder control on an "odd" stick just because you're controlling the actual rudder control surface. You put it on the aileron stick because that's the most intuitive control to use when you're flying. If you have a two-channel glider, you put the rudder and elevator on the controls normally used for the aileron and elevator.

Search this Thread