Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Futaba skysport 6a HELP

Hi, i new on this, but can i use just one servo for aileron??? how must be set up, and trimmed, swithced? Thanks a lot!!

I ask becouse i want to this in a 3 channel plane and want the rudder on left stick.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Futaba skysport 6a HELP

The type of installation of aileron pushrods and servos depends entirely upon the model. One way is with strip-type ailerons as shown starting on page 14 of the Ultra Sport construction manual:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/us40-manual.pdf

Another way uses bellcranks in the wing. Starting on page 17 of the Cub construction manual, you can see how it's done:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpma0160-manual-v3.pdf

Both of those methods use one servo to control the ailerons. You'll have to purchase the needed hardware from your favorite hobby retailer.
    Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi!
    Well may be i´m wrong, my question is, o want to use this tx as a 3 channel, with rudder on left stick, but i don´t know how to fix the switches and rates to get a simple servo movement with just one servo, as the channel 6 is working with channel ailerons, so....  the owners manual does not explain how to use as a 4 channel. 
    My plane is so basic as my skills to fly it.  
    Thanks for the support
    Regards
    Rodrigo Castellanos

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You just plug the rudder servo into the spot for the aileron on the receiver. On a non programable radio, you just plug the servo into the socket than matches what stick you want to use. The labels only are accurate in a generic way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Normally, if you are operating your airplane as a 3-channel model, with rudder, elevator, and throttle, you put the rudder and elevator on the right-hand stick, for Mode II flyers. You don't need to program anything, just plug the rudder servo into the slot that your desired stick controls.

If your airplane has ailerons, and it currently uses two servos to operate the ailerons, and you wish to use one servo to operate the ailerons, then the links I gave you, above, will show you how to do it.

Otherwise, I'm not at all sure what you're trying to do. Normally, a 3-channel model uses the aileron stick to control the rudder, since that's the main control used to make the airplane turn. When you have only rudder, elevator, and throttle, you don't put the rudder control on an "odd" stick just because you're controlling the actual rudder control surface. You put it on the aileron stick because that's the most intuitive control to use when you're flying. If you have a two-channel glider, you put the rudder and elevator on the controls normally used for the aileron and elevator.
    Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com