Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba new feature requests?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba new feature requests?

Hi Bax and Krysta,
Just wondering where Futaba users can have some input on requsting new features for their telemetry systems? To be more specific, there is a thread going on in the jets forum about getting telemetry on turbine parameters. Having two or three seconds notice of a turbine flame out(which sometimes you can't tell immediately especially at a noisy jet rally) can make all the difference between a complete loss or a 10K dollar jet getting a second chance to correct the problem and fly again. Thanks.

Marty
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba new feature requests?

You just put your request here, and we'll forward the request to the folks at Futaba, where it will be considered. One thing to consider, though, is that the more specific the feature, and the more clear you make your desire, the better chance for it to be understood and be given proper consideration. So, in this case, when you ask for "turbine parameters", you need to be more clear. The Futaba people will not go through a discussion thread to find out what is being asked for.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Mark Derbyshire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully you will not delete my post as I don't work for Futaba but one telemetry sensor I would like to see for the 18Mz is a fuel level sensor

Mark
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM
velocity90

-brushless phase sensor (preferable one thatcan use the yge escc phase sensor output.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:10 AM
afterburner

Figured I would add this to my old post even though those requests seem to have been ignored going on two years.

I just installed the Xicoy telemetry adapter in my Hawk. It connects to the Sbus2 port and takes up 8 slots giving you RPM, EGT, pump voltage, throttle% ECU battery, failsafe counter, RX signal power and fuel remaining info. Unfortunately, the way the telemtry menu sensor selection is setup, most of these parameters have to be used as temperature sensors so it's more difficult to transpose when looking at the display. The RPM and exhaust temperature work fine but the rest won't display with the correct nomenclature. would be nice to be able to view these things correctly(pic attached). Oh, and ignore the internal voltage of the RX and the external voltage connection slot 0 as they apparently have become corrupted so they display in centigrade instead of volts. i apparently need to create a new model and redo the entire program to get rid of that as copying the model won't change it. Still waiting for a talking timer that I requested two years ago on a $3000.00 radio so I won't hold my breath that any of this will be considered.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141113_115317.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2047113  

Last edited by afterburner; 11-13-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Bax

As we mentioned previously, we pass on all feature suggestions to Futaba, in Japan, for consideration. They take it from there.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:11 AM
afterburner

I know Bill and I appreciate it. Just venting a little as even though I love this radio, it is double the price of the Jeti DS-16 which has many more useful features and they seem to add more on a frequent basis. Just seems that since Futaba's RC division is a small percentage of their overall income, they don't put much effort into supporting their customers needs IMO.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:58 PM
malcolmholt

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As has been noted previously in discussion groups, the Program Mix on the 14SG (and 8FG) still does not function fully. The compound functions such as Camber, Butterfly and Fuel Mix can all be assigned as slaves but, when the slave link is set, it has no effect. This diminishes the usefulness of the Program Mix. It is particularly disappointing in the case of the Fuel Mix as this is the only function on the fixed-wing side of the radio to provide volume adjustment. As such, it has considerable potential for creative programming.

If this could be passed on to Futaba I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Rob2160

My 14SG has Telemetry and now has voice after doing the firmware upgrades. Why on earth didn't they put a speaker in the radio? I am not going to use headphones while flying so the voice feature is useless. I suggest this would be an easy thing to include in future radios.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:34 AM
ija

Hi,

I'm not working for Futaba but there will be decoder sw 2.5.x with complete Turbine telemetry support on 18MZ. I've personally seen and tried prototype software almost ~2 months ago so I assume it should be out soonish. Bax, do you have any info when this upgrade will be published? It's gonna be the interesting one for everyone here.

Ilkka
Old 11-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Bax

Originally Posted by ija
Hi,

I'm not working for Futaba but there will be decoder sw 2.5.x with complete Turbine telemetry support on 18MZ. I've personally seen and tried prototype software almost ~2 months ago so I assume it should be out soonish. Bax, do you have any info when this upgrade will be published? It's gonna be the interesting one for everyone here.

Ilkka
Futaba has released no information to us about this. If you've seen "prototype" software, then something is apparently in development, but Futaba's not spoken on this at all. They don't discuss things in development or testing.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Conrod

Originally Posted by Rob2160
My 14SG has Telemetry and now has voice after doing the firmware upgrades. Why on earth didn't they put a speaker in the radio? I am not going to use headphones while flying so the voice feature is useless. I suggest this would be an easy thing to include in future radios.
Yes an internal speaker as well as the jack plug in the 14 SG and in the 10J also, if it does not have one already. Audio with out an ear piece only, like that other radio outfit has :-)
Old 12-28-2014, 12:20 PM
afterburner

Originally Posted by ija
Hi,

Ilkka
Is it just for Jetcat that you saw? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:48 PM
ija

Originally Posted by afterburner
Is it just for Jetcat that you saw? Thanks.
Yes. It was "Jetcat". The Telemetry will be actually first supported by Robbe's turbines (designed by JetCat). The SW seems to be now available and included in 2.5.0.

Annoying thing is that Futaba is not providing useful customizable fullscreen Telemetry view. Home2 allows only 3 items to be shown. Even 14SG has better customization capability for the telemetry view. PowerBox sensor brought 16slots mammuth data and Turbine eats 14slots... but no useful method to show relevant data on screen.

Ilkka
Old 12-28-2014, 08:10 PM
afterburner

Originally Posted by ija
Yes. It was "Jetcat". The Telemetry will be actually first supported by Robbe's turbines (designed by JetCat). The SW seems to be now available and included in 2.5.0.

Annoying thing is that Futaba is not providing useful customizable fullscreen Telemetry view. Home2 allows only 3 items to be shown. Even 14SG has better customization capability for the telemetry view. PowerBox sensor brought 16slots mammuth data and Turbine eats 14slots... but no useful method to show relevant data on screen.

Ilkka
Thanks. Yes, I agree with the Home 2 screen limitations. If they would ever add a talking timer feature , I wouldn't need to be on the home 2 screen when flying and could just be on the telemetry screen with more data.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:33 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Bax;

A suggestion to forward to Futaba; Radios that verbally/audible notify you when you deploy Gear or Flaps.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 AM
Bax

Originally Posted by dasintex
Bax;

A suggestion to forward to Futaba; Radios that verbally/audible notify you when you deploy Gear or Flaps.
The 14MZ and 18MZ can do this for any switch. You just set up the sound to be activated when a switch is moved to a certain position. You can set it up so that it will tell you "Gear Up", or "Gear Down", or "Flaps Up", "Flaps One-Half", "Flaps Full Down", and so on.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:38 AM
falcon_56

For the Futaba 10j, the variometer alarm (not voice) is exactly the same both for climb and sink. It would be a huge improvement if there was a tone difference between the two.

Hopefully this can be achieved with a firmware update.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Robert Willis

1. RX with built in 3 axis Gyro & Flight Stabilizer for fixed wing aircraft for the Futaba 14SG Radio
2. Ability to configure the radio with a computer or iPAD.
3. Ability to backup the configuration to a computer.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Bax

Originally Posted by Robert Willis

1. RX with built in 3 axis Gyro & Flight Stabilizer for fixed wing aircraft for the Futaba 14SG Radio
2. Ability to configure the radio with a computer or iPAD.
3. Ability to backup the configuration to a computer.
You can already do #3 where those transmitters use a CF card or SD card. You either directly copy the model files from the card or use the Futaba File Utility program (depending upon the transmitter).

#1 and #2 have been suggested previously in other forums, and have been submitted to Futaba for consideration.