Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ display BACK LIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 02:34 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 14MZ display BACK LIGHT

I have a used, but perfect condition 14MZ. It was just sent to the service center for a complete check up in December 2012 and returned with a 60 day warranty.
In bright sunlight, the display is very easy to see.
However, in dim conditions, it is very difficult to see.
I have adjusted the Back Light intensity and can see NO difference at either extreme. If I had to guess, the backlight isn't working at all.
In total darkness, shouldn't the display be visible if the backlight is on?

I just purchased the radio used in February and really have not had much time to become familiar with it. Does this sound like a lack of back lighting?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ display BACK LIGHT

The display should be easily visible in darkness. You may want to go into the System Menu, and then the "Display" section. There, you will be able to set the the turn-off time for the backlight. We did more checking and found that the adjustment for how bright the backlight should be doesn't seem to work very well at all. When the backlight turns off, a tap to the screen will turn it back on.

That said, the screen should be easily visible in darkness, so it sounds like your transmitter's backlight isn't working at all. We'd suggest sending the transmitter to the service center.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Hpilotrc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ display BACK LIGHT

I don't think you can adjust the intensity of the backlight display on the 14mz....even though there is an adjustment!

The display in the sun is even hard to see unless you are pointing into the reflection of the sun - display backlight is worthless in this situation except for draining the battery!

Sold my 14mz for a 14SG and like it much better especially at 1/4 the cost! Does more then the expensive heavy 14mz. I can now see the display, the battery lasts for weeks of use, and it has telemetry capabilities!

The 14mz was a fine radio over the years but now its time to move on...

Michael

[edited to change font size and color to standard display]