Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

2S 7.4v LiPo OK For RX and Digital Servos?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
JCINTEXAS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2S 7.4v LiPo OK For RX and Digital Servos?

Hi Bax,
Is it OK to use a 2S 7.4v LiPo battery for the receiver and digital servos (not the High Voltage servos)? Is it necessary to use a voltage regulator for this?
Regards
JC

I don't always fly R/C...but when I do I fly FASST. Fly well my friends.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 2S 7.4v LiPo OK For RX and Digital Servos?

Check the servo's specs. If the servo is OK for 6V, then a 2S Lithium battery pack won't hurt it.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM
bladeskiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2S 7.4v LiPo OK For RX and Digital Servos?

I would like to make a comment here. When a servo is specified for 6 volts nominal power supply (5 cells NIMH or NiCad) the only type of lithium based chemistry batteries that may be used, without a regulator, is 2S LiFePO battery with a voltage range similar to a 5 Cells NIMH battery pack.
A 2S LiPO battery has 7.4 volts nominal voltage (higher than maximun voltage of a fresh-charged 5 cells NIMH) peaking at 8.4 volts when fresh-charged. That means if somone uses 2S LiPO without a regulator to power supply a non HV servo, the servo is going to get fried very soon. Only HV servos may be power supplied with a 2S LiPO.