Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ software update for Asian version

Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 PM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ software update for Asian version

Bax/ Krysta,

A friend of mine from Hong Kong has recently moved to the States & brought along his 14MZ with a 72 mHz module which he purchased over there. As I was trying to help him programming his Tx for snap functions, I noticed he has never updated any of the software from day one, & its missing some functions. Noticeably, the logic function on the condition screen, it only have either null or on.

Please advise me of the following:-

1) Whether the software updates are the same between Asian & US version for the 14MZ. Even though, he is still using a 72 mHz. In other words, can he just download the updates from the US Futaba site.

2) Whether by downloading all of the updates that the Tx will have the logic function.

Thank you,

Adrian
Old 04-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ software update for Asian version

The software updates are the same all around the world. The latest update includes everything that's come before, so you don't need to upgrade incrementally, just jump to the latest version. Region coding applies to the transmitter and 72MHz modules. If a US module works, you have no problems.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:23 AM
riot3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ software update for Asian version

Thanks for reply.

Adrian